4

I don't have a good feeling about this.

I saw Megumi approaching us with a sad look, his face was all patched up after the injuries he got on that fatal mission. He looked frustrated and by that i knew something bad has happened and it probably involves Itadori, since i didn't see him anywhere today nor Nobara did.

We sat down on the temple's stairs and i prepared myself mentally and emotionally to hear the bad news. He explained us everything that has happened during the fight with Sukuna and how he, before that, took Yugi's heart out and threw it away. We've learnt about Itadori's death. It broke my heart knowing one of my best friends isn't with us anymore. I tried to stay strong but i couldn't help cry a little. Nobara hid her face behind her light brown hair. We remained in silence for a while, calming ourselves down and remembering the good and funny moments we had with our pink haired friend. Megumi has also told us about his last words before death took upon him.

"Is this your first time having a partner die?" She asked him while resting her face on her hand and facing him away.

"First time for one my age" He admitted and i sighed at the heavy feelings i was having at that moment that were causing my chest to ache.

"You seem to be taking it well, considering"

"Same to you, Nobara. Are you okay (y/n)?" Megumi turned to me and looked at me with caring eyes and a hint of worry.

"I'm definitely not okay, since my friend had tragically died" I answered him and buried my face in my hands.

"I only knew him for about two weeks. I'm not some simple woman who breaks down bawling when a guy i barely know dies. Jeez..." But we could see Nobara's lips trembling like she was about to cry and again silence. We remained still for a while until we heard footsteps getting closer to us and an unfamiliar voice speaking.

"What's this? You're looking more glum than usual, Megumi! This a wake or something?" a green haired girl with dark lillac eyeglasses was standing in front of us. I don't remember seeing her anywhere since i got here.

"Zenin-senpai" I heard Megumi call her out and it hit me. She must be Maki Zenin! One of the second year students. I've heard a lot about the Zenin clan and that's why i know her. I was informed that she's a specialist in the physical arts and she uses cursed tools. During combats she relies on her own strength and not evil energy. I didn't expect her to be in this school. I can't believe such strong woman was standing in front of me.

"Don't call me by my last name!" She scolded him

"Maki! Maki!" Someone was calling her behind the stone statue. I peaked over and saw the big figure of a panda and in front of him a slim young man with light skin, platinum blonde mid-length straight hair that covered his forehead and his mouth was also covered by what seems to be a scarf incorporated into his uniform.

"I'm talking here!" She looked over her shoulder and the panda spoke again "Y-You actually don't know why they're so down?"

"What are you talking about?" She replied clueless

"Someone really did die yesterday! One of the first year boys!"

"Bonito Flakes" The boy let out and i was surprised and confused about why did he say that. The platinum blonde haired guy got my attention and all i could do was stare at him trying to see his other features traits. I admit i looked like a freak, that's why Nobara shook me and made me realise that i was staring so much that i got the boy uncomfortable. Meanwhile Maki-senpai was angrily scolding the panda for not telling her such important information.

"Who are those guys?" Nobara asked with a surprised and confused face, pointing at the three persons in front of us.

"Our second year upperclassmen." Megumi replied her with a bored look, as if he has seen this scene happen lots of times, and he continued speaking "Zenin-senpai is the best of all the students at wielding cursed tools."