Skephalo & Karlnap - Heaven

Start from the beginning

"What the hell am I even doing here..." I mutter. He looks at me, scandalized. "Language, you muffinhead!" He yelps. "You can't say that!"

At this point, I'm barely surprised anymore. "You're telling me that you don't...swear?"

"Nnnnnnnope." He replies with a small grin on his face. "Er, what were you saying, 'it's easier for me'? What does that mean?"

I wasn't about to let him know that the whole thing was rigged... "Nothing, it's my business." At this point I know that if I tell him to stay out of it, he'll respect me.

He shrugs and stands up. i make sure not to touch him, because according to the stories, if an angel touches a demon then their light will be stripped away. Unless the demon truly doesn't want to hurt them...Which almost never happens. Bad starts trotting away.

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask him as he makes his way towards the road. "The store. I need food too, y'know." I follow him onto the street .

As we enter the store that is almost deserted, he immediately makes a beeline to the fruit section, grabbing raspberries, green grapes and a few apples. I hear some people talking and coming our way, and Bad sidles behind a chocolate display. A few girls that look to be in their mid-twenties walk by him and stop when they see me. They stare, I stare back at them uncomprehensively.

They eventually leave and Bad steps out of his hiding place. "Why did you hide?" I ask him, curious as to why he would need to hide from people.

He rubs the back of his neck. "When people see me, they get scared and run away. They usually also drop some stuff. It's easier for them that they don't see me."

I shake my head. This demon really is something else. I casually glance at him as I follow him to the snack section and notice that he's using his abnormal height to glance over the shelves, as if he's trying to spot someone. Odd.

A few minutes later, I follow him to the check-out area. A woman with light blue hair waves us over. Bad looks at the register a few feet away sadly. More specifically, at the light-brown-haired man wearing a color-block sweatshirt with a spiral on the front. He's helping another customer. I do a double-take as I notice he's a guardian angel, I can easily tell by his light purple wings that he's folded behind his back. But where's his demon?

The lady puts all of our things in bags and Bad and I head towards the exit. I walk out first and suddenly hear an alarm when Bad tries to follow me.

I whip around, pointing at him accusingly. "You. You stole something!" He frowns at me. "No. I didn't."

I'm taken aback. "The alarm is clearly ringing, you obviously have something!" Just then, I see the light brown haired man running towards us.

"Bad?" He asks, surprised.

Bad whirls around."Karl!!" He cheers before hugging the shorter angel. I suck in a gasp but then realize that nothing is happening to the man apparently called Karl.

"What...?"I mumble, watching them. "Who are you?" He gives me a friendly grin before responding. "Karl. I'm Karl. Who are you?"

Bad interrupts. "Sorry, that was really rude of me. This is Skeppy, he's my guardian angel." My head swims after hearing him say my name for the first time. It's...weird. Not bad-weird, though. I don't know how to explain it.

Karl scoffs. "Bad, you are literally the polar opposite of a demon. Why the hell-" "LANGUAGE!" "Sorry, heck do you need a guardian angel?" Bad just shrugs. "I don't know. He's pretty cool though. Other than being totally suspicious of me."

I interrupt him, a bit shocked. "Okay, wait a minute, Karl, where's your demon? And why aren't you back in Heaven if you don't have one?"

Bad and Karl share a look. "It's complicated." Karl says. "I've still never heard the whole story, only bits and pieces." Bad chimes in. "I'll call him over." Karl continues. He leaves for a minute to go back inside the store. Bad and I stand there awkwardly.