sixteen

SIXTEEN
Too Close To Be Friends
*.*.*
📍Georgetown, Washington, D.C
2014
════ ✣✤✣ ════

"My god, he's turning you into a housewife."

Cosima turns her head over her shoulder momentarily and rolled her eyes at her friend. "I've always loved to bake, you can ask my brother."

Scott shakes his head at her in disagreement, crossing his arms. "But every day?!" he emphasizes in his infamous screech. "Ever since we moved here last year you have been baking every single day."

"Every single day is dramatic." she denied as she gradually inserted frosting into the puff pastry. "It's more so like...every week."

"Or rather every-time he comes over.." he corrected dryly. "Which is everyday."

The heavy sigh of Ororo echoed through the homey kitchen as she strolled in.

"Cut her some slack, Scott." she defended, patting him on the shoulder. "She cooks she cleans and she bakes, what are you exactly complaining about?"

"This is against all laws of feminism."

The two women simultaneously turned their heads to give one another a disbelieved look before they stared blankly at a fuming Scott.

"What?!" he exclaimed.

"As if you know anything about feminism." Ororo articulated sassily, rightfully so.

Scott turned his chin up and puffed his chest. "I know that doing all of this for a man isn't feminist."

"It's not all for a man, Scott." Cosima argued. "It's called taking care of a house full of men."

"Ororo isn't a man."

"You're a man, my brother is a man, Peter is a man..." she counted off.

"Okay, I get it." he mumbled in defeat and quickly pivoted out of the kitchen.

It's been two years since the Battle of New York and a lot has very clearly changed.

Now since all of them are grown, or rather, Ororo, Scott, and the twins were grown — Peter has been grown for like forever now, they decided to move out from the school.

It all started off on a hot summer night a year ago and her and her brother were gathered around a bonfire with Cosima contemplating on moving out to be closer to the Avengers.

It then spiraled into Blair insisting he went with her, then Ororo overhearing the conversation and promising that she'd do the laundry and wash dishes, and then of course Scott was nearby...and Peter is Peter, they just brought him along with them.

They had moved into a four bedroom three 1/2 bath townehouse in Washington, and you might ask, four bedroom? But what about the fifth occupant.

The door to the basement is slid open, followed by Peter's grinning face.

"I smell pastries." he sang.