fourteen

*.*.*
📍NEW YORK
2012
════ ✣✤✣ ════

They were now on a hijacked quinjet on their way to the city after Tony cracked Loki, the full tilt diva's, MO.

They, as in Natasha, Steve, Cosima, and Clint who finally got out of the brainwashing.

"Stark, we're heading north east." Natasha informed in the communications device.

"What, did you stop for drive-thru?" he sarcastically remarks over their ill timing. "Swing up park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."

He in-fact did lay 'em out for them, each fire of the machine gun connected to the jet caused for the ship to vibrate ever so slightly underneath them.

After taking care of the flying aliens, they swung over towards the infamous Tower.

Loki and Thor were fighting hand to hand, Thor clearly struggling to subdue him and it was clear the older brother wasn't trying to actually hurt him.

Just as Natasha aimed the gun at the raven-haired god, he pivoted and aimed the scepter right back at them.

He blasts a light blue blast at the wing of the quinjet, and they go spiraling down.

Cosima and Steve whom were standing as this was happening, go stumbling into each other. 

Swiftly, he envelops an arm around her waist to hold her steady while his opposing hand reached up to grab onto the overhead handle bar.

The duo guiding the jet did their best at flying it dead-stick for it to land in the least civilian  populated area, but it wasn't enough.

"Cosima!" Natasha called out over the mayday beeping. "A little help here?"

"What?!" she nearly screeched. "How?!"

"She wants you to guide the jet." Steve translated, his breath fanning on the side of her face. "With your powers."

Cosima's eyes grew wide at the demand, but she knew she didn't have any time to freak out or deny the request because this was life or death.

Still dangling against Steve, she removed one of her hands from around his waist and triggered energy in her palm.

With concentrated pinched eyebrows, she shoved her hand downwards and spiraled the energy to encase the middle of the jet before it started to spread.

Her hand shook as she tried to guide the jet steadily downwards, grunts coming up from her throat.

With the side of Natasha and Clint still steering, they managed to land with a soft thud in a town square.

The landing provoked for the duo to unbuckled and quickly rise and for Steve to let go of the handle bar and of Cosima.

Due to the sudden exertion of power, Cosima stumbled out of his grip and found herself bumping into the interior wall.

She leaned her head and elbows against it for several beats, causing for the older group to halt their passage out of the jet.