14. I Can Wait For You At The Bottom

Start from the beginning

"So where are we going?" I asked after a few minutes of tranquil silence between us as the music played lowly in the background.

"Pft you think I'm telling you that easily? It's supposed to be a surprise." He grinned over at me messing around.

"I fucking hate surprises." I giggled just being cheeky.

"I know." He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I laughed again. I thought it was cute he was trying to make such an effort for me and this date.

The car ride was nice and just long enough that we could jam to the Movements essentials on Noah's playlist and small talk. The more we chatted, the more at ease I felt. It no longer felt like we were strangers and I was so glad. Noah could also be naturally shy sometimes, so I was nervous it might be awkward. There was none of that.

We pulled up to a high end Japanese restaurant and Noah smiled when my eyes got wide.

He pulled up the side and the valet opened the door for me.

"I've always wanted to try this place!" I bounced in excitement, I could be such a foodie.

"I know." He smiled a little. "I remember you mentioning it a while back and I meant to take you...before shit got so...hectic." He looked down at me with a seriousness on his face as we walked toward the entrance.

I felt my heart squeeze with a bit of sadness thinking about how the guys got super famous overnight and it was suddenly like he didn't have much time for me after that. I was okay with it though...I wanted them to make it big and for the world to see their potential. And I got what I wished for.

"It's okay...we're here now. Right?"

I saw him relax a little and he nodded in agreement with a slight smile. He grabbed my hand in his and kissed the back of it and my heart skipped a beat.

We were seated quickly. He had reservations and they already knew who he was. Being back home was weird for the guys and for me, also being his former girl. They went from "every-day dudes" to girls asking them constantly for a photo or an autograph.

We always had a close knit circle of friends...we kept to ourselves mostly to avoid small-town judgement...but it was both annoying and ironic to see people now saying "I knew them! I went to school with those guys!"
Or "yeah we used to go to basement shows together!" They went from being the black sheep to people name dropping them to others as a flex. It was just kind of funny.

Tonight was nice. People would occasionally stare and there would be a whisper here and there...but everyone respected that we were on a date and no one hounded Noah or interrupted anything.

It was both hibachi and a sushi menu, which I was excited for. It was all-you-can-eat but you never had to leave the table. Even though Noah was slender, he was still a man, and could eat three times his body size with no problem! He knew sushi was my favorite dinner, and I was excited to try a little bit of everything.

We chatted for a bit and everything was going well. He even ended up coming over and sitting on the same side of the booth as me.

"Hi." I laughed feeling so much more comfortable.

"Hi." He smirked and rested his elbows on the table cracking his knuckles. He always did that when he was slightly nervous.

"I know we have sushi on the way and before we stuff our faces with fish, I really want to kiss you." He smiled innocently. It caused me to chuckle thinking he could be so devilish and adorable at the same time.