Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing now?" I laughed. The world around me was rocking back and forth. I had done way too much drinking tonight.

"I thought you wanted to dance?"

Oh, maybe I wasn't as drunk as I thought. We actually were swaying back and forth. I linked my hands together behind his neck. "I didn't know you danced."

"What can I say? I'm a man of many surprises."

I can't say as I was a good dancer or that I could even remember a single song we danced to. I was so wasted.

But my bad moves didn't really seem to matter. What did matter was the way Alessio was laughing tonight. Full and open in a way I never heard Alessio. That and the way our bodies came together, his hands tracing my curves, and that look in his eyes.

I couldn't stand it more than a few songs. Flustered, I insisted that I needed a drink. He steered me to the bar with his hand on my back again.

I sat down and he lingered standing beside me. "Can I have something fruity and delicious please?" I said to the bartender. "And make it...blue." I decided and spun in the backless stool to face Alessio.

He put a palm on the bar and leaned over me. He pressed his lips lightly to mine and I lifted my head to deepen the kiss. He pulled away chuckling. "Calm down Katherine. Not here, in front of everyone."

I groaned and leaned backwards on the table knocking over the drink that had just been set behind me.

I jumped out of the seat. "Mother fu-"

"It's fine." He said calmly handing me a napkin.

"I don't want to get anything on this dress though! It was probably super expensive!" I said frantically and over dramatically throwing every napkin I could get my hand on onto the spilled mess. This was going to get sticky, this was so going to get sticky.

"I said it's fine Katherine. It was on sale anyway." He took me by the elbow and pulled me away from the bar table.

"Oh that's a relief. How much was it?" I strained to reach past him and grab a new drink that had already been placed out for me.

"Thirty-five." He said casually.

"Oh. Thirty-five dollars isn't bad. Actually, that's really good." I popped the straw into my mouth and tried my newest alcoholic beverage. Hm, tropical, hint of coconut. Not bad.

"Thirty-five dollars? Try thirty-five hundred."

I spit my drink out. "Get it off!"

"Huh?"

"Get it off! Oh my God, my car probably isn't even worth that much anymore!"

"Of course not your car is a piece of shit you'd be better off just scrapping it. If you would just take the Lexus-"

"I'm gonna puke." I forced my drink into his hand and tried to reach my zipper myself.

"Katherine." He said with an eye roll. "You can't take your dress off here." When I still didn't stop trying he grabbed me wrist and dragged me away mumbling something about me being over dramatic.

Alessio pulled me into what was obviously his office and shut the door behind him. "Calm down."

"I can't wearing a three thousand dollar dress. Take it off."

"Three thousand five hundred." He reminded me calmly. "Plus tax."

"Alessio!"

"And shipping."