Chapter 140: Battle!

Start from the beginning

"Hmm, I suppose you're right, Prince Elif; this opportunity won't present itself often in the future." Said Echo with a thoughtful expression before nodding in agreement.

"Haha; alright, let us start the battle; I can't wait any longer!" Announced Goliath with a large feral smile as his body started shrinking to a more appropriate size for battle.

"Hehe, this should be quite an enjoyable battle, not to mention I can use this chance to blow off some steam." Muttered Elif with a slight smirk as he distanced himself from the five.

"Illumia, isolate our battle so it doesn't affect the island; I don't want it sustaining any damage." Ordered Elif as he glanced at Illumia, who happened to be accompanied by Marley and Idonea.

"Yes, your Highness." Said Illumia as she snapped her fingers, and although there was no physical change, everyone could sense that the area they were standing in had been separated from the OverRealm.

Sensing that the space the six of us were residing in had been isolated from the OverRealm, I shifted my focus to my five opponents standing opposite of me, and although I'm not one who greatly loves fighting, I do enjoy a good battle every now and then, especially one that gets my blood pumping; though I doubt this will be one.

"Let the battle begin!" Announced Elif with a prideful smirk while eyeing the five.

"Haha, I'm going first!" Yelled Goliath with a feral smile and bulging muscles as he charged directly toward Elif, intending to initiate the battle.

Seeing Goliath approach me to head first, I decided against using any techniques and face him purely with my physique as not only was I confident that Goliath would do the same, but I was also curious how I would fair against a Titan in a battle using only our physiques.

Once Goliath approached me, I saw him reel his arm back, preparing to punch me, so I did the same, and once he was close enough to attack me, we both attacked each other; though the moment our arms fists collided, I felt a tremendous amount of force on my arm trying to push me back, although It wasn't more than I could withstand, it was testing the limit of my physique. I struggled against Goliath for some time before the both of us eventually stopped and backed away.

"That's one hell of a physique you've got there, Goliath; if it weren't because my cultivation base was one minor realm higher than yours, I would have definitely lost that exchange." Remarked Elif, and although he complimented Goliath, he was too surprised to react; not only was he, but everyone else except Illumia, Marley, and Idonea was also surprised.

"I know Prince Elif is incredibly talented; however, isn't this a bit much? For an Elf to be on equal footing with a Titan using only their physique is simply incredulous." Commented Birger as his smiling face constantly twitched.

"Is my knowledge incorrect? I thought Elves were considered to have weak physiques?" Asked Echo hesitantly while glancing at the three.

"No, your knowledge is correct; Elves are known for having weak physiques; it just seems Prince Elif is an outlier among outliers. Either that or both of our information about Elves is flawed, and I seriously doubt that." Replied Shelia with an expression of slight disbelief.

"This isn't nearly as shocking as when I witnessed Prince Elif's full strength, but it's something I didn't think he could do." Mentioned Eyvor, her words earned their interest.

"P-Prince Elif, did you only use the strength of your physique in that exchange?" Asked Goliath doubtfully as he inspected his arm, which had a stinging sensation.

"Hmm, yes, you should've been able to tell if I had used my Qi; why do you ask?" Replied Elif curiously as he eyed Goliath.

"N-No reason, Prince Elif; I-It was just that your strength had surprised me, that's all; I never thought it would be possible for an Elf's physique to be that powerful." Said Goliath with a painful smile as he prepared to resume the battle; while his dao heart was on the verge of cracking.

"Well, enough of this chit-chatting; let us continue where we left off." Declared Elif with a smirk as this time he took the opportunity and charged at Goliath.

___

___

"Is it just me, or does Prince Goliath seem much less enthusiastic than before?" Questioned Echo as she, Shelia, Birger, and Eyvor watched the battle between Elif and Goliath.

"No, it's not just you; we've also noticed it. Ever since the first exchange, Goliath hasn't been the same; if I had to guess, seeing Prince Elif emerge unscathed from his attack was a major blow to his pride. If it is worse than I think, it might've even affected his dao heart." Said Birger seriously while intently watching and analyzing Elif's movements.

"Hopefully, it didn't affect his Dao heart, though if the battle continues at this rate, there is a chance it might. After everything that happened, although Goliath currently has an advantage over Prince Elif, he has lost some of his will to fight, and if nothing is done about it, their roles will be reversed eventually, and it'll only end up increasing the chance of his Dao heart being damaged." Stated Eyvor with a frown.

"Then, I suggest we should go and assist Goliath; he may not like it, but it is much better than possibly injuring your Dao heart." Remarked Shelia, who was already donned in armor while holding a silver lance as she eyed the three before rushing towards Elif and Goliath.

"I'm right there with you." Mentioned Birger with a slight smile as he followed closely behind Shelia.

"I suppose it's time for us to join as well." Said Echo as she flexed her muscles and charged toward Elif and Birger.

"Haa, I did say I would participate in the battle." Muttered Eyvor while shaking her head as she flew toward the battle in the sky.

___
Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]
___
___
Elven Legacy (Chapter 230: Crown Prince Elif's Birthday) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 112: Graveyard Dungeon) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 191: Pandemonium & Fourth Crew Mate)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 128: Hope) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]