" Even though you abandoned me, I never blamed you. I never asked for anything from you, but now that I am, you are treating me like a disappointment. "

His voice broke yet he continued.

"Do not refer to yourself as my father if you regarded me as nothing more than an unwanted child who had no true family! I- "

His breathing became labored and strained as he suddenly began to experience a buzzing sensation in his ear and surrounding noises that were muffled and blended together.

His eyes and lungs were searing with excruciating pain. His father's scared expression was the last thing he noticed before everything went silent and darkness engulfed him.

_________

In the dim, quiet room, Sunoo lay on his bed, aware of the passing time only through the rhythm of his heartbeat. He felt uneasy, perhaps anxious, with a growing pain in his chest and a sense of emptiness that left him frightened.

Despite calling Ni-ki for two hours with no response, even though it was late at night, Sunoo couldn't shake off his worries about his whereabouts.

Initially feeling frustrated, he now finds himself more concerned and uneasy, sensing that something is not right.

Ni-ki's sudden departure without informing him is very out of the ordinary, causing him to worry.

As he closed his eyes tightly and massaged his temples, a sudden headache hit him, making his eyes burn and water.

Abruptly, he was startled by the loud footsteps outside his bedroom, as if someone was rushing downstairs. Jumping out of bed, he ignored the dizziness that made him briefly stumble.

Moving quickly, he encountered his mother in a state of panic, grabbing her car keys while trembling in horror. He called out to her, although his voice lacked strength.

She paused to look at him, and he noticed it was the first time she had really looked at him since their argument. Despite this realization, he could tell from her eyes that something serious had occurred.

"What's going on?" he questioned as he rushed down the stairs to find his mother looking concerned.

"Niki has fainted and is currently in the hospital. Your dad called, we need to hurry," she informed him urgently.

And that's it, he immediately snatched the car keys from his mother and headed for the garage with his mother following closely behind. They quickly got into the car, fastened their seat belts, and sped off towards the hospital mentioned by his mother.

_________

The hospital room had a strong disinfectant odor as Sunoo sat next to the sleeping figure in the bed. Despite his eyes stinging, he couldn't tear them away from the younger person. Sunoo felt a pang in his heart, but he was grateful that Ni-ki's condition wasn't severe and that he was now in a stable state.

The doctor explained that the younger was experiencing a fever and lack of sleep, leading to high blood pressure and ultimately causing him to faint. It was advised to reduce stress and to provide careful nursing, particularly focusing on getting enough rest and sleep.

When the question arose about who would nurse and care for him, Sunoo stepped forward willingly. Ni-ki's father was unsure, and even his mother was hesitant, but they eventually agreed. Upon seeing the worry and fear in Sunoo's eyes, their hearts softened.

"Please look after Ni-ki, Sunoo-ya."

The elderly man said, prompting a sad smile from Sunoo, who gave a small nod in response.