Jack nodded as he adjusted Zack's armor on his head. "I will tell you everything. I promise."

Zach's eyes softened as he trotted  off , gently touching the spot where Jack planted a kiss on his cheek, with a wish for good luck, Zack entered the arena, and the crowd erupted in cheers.

Throughout the joust, Jack couldn't shake the nervous energy coursing through him. Each clash of lances, every thundering gallop of horses, heightened his anxiety. His eyes were glued to Zach, praying silently for his safety.

"When were you going to tell me it was the Prince? What the hell Jack." Alex whispered, angry. He couldn't compete with the prince of Adoranda.

Jack shrugged. "It doesn't matter. He is my soulmate. Nothing can be done about it."

"You could still choose me." Alex whispered.

Jack stiffened. Really hoping Annabelle didn't her. "Do not speak of that. Your wife and soulmate is here. We aren't alone Alex."

Alex didn't bring it up again. How could he? He could barely get Jack to look at him... He was paying so much attention to what Zack was doing and again Alex couldn't blame him. That's his marked soulmate, he should be paying attention to him.

Zach faced formidable opponents, but with every charge, he skillfully maneuvered his horse, his lance striking true. The crowd roared as he unhorsed one competitor after another. Despite Jack's worries, Zach displayed incredible prowess, dodging every threat with finesse.

As the final round approached, Jack's heart pounded. Zach faced the most formidable adversary, and the tension in the air was palpable. The two opponents charged at each other, lances aimed, and the impact echoed through the arena.

In a breathtaking twist, Zach skillfully unseated his opponent, sending them sprawling to the ground. The crowd erupted into cheers, and Jack couldn't contain his relief and joy. He leapt to his feet, applauding, a proud smile on his face as Zach triumphantly rode back to the front row where Jack was sat.

Zach dismounted, victorious, and Jack couldn't resist rushing to him. "You did it!" he exclaimed, a mixture of happiness and relief. "I knew you could."

Zach grinned, catching Jack in a tight embrace. "With you cheering for me, how could I lose?"

As the cheers continued around them, Jack couldn't help but feel grateful for the unexpected connection that had brought them together.

"There is a ball tonight, I know the house of Gaskarth will be there. Will you please accompany me as my guest? Will you stay at the castle for the afternoon and we will get you all set up with finest clothing. Worthy of A future prince. my servant, Rian will make sure you're taken care of... And if you stay at the castle for the day, you and I can discuss what's going on without prying ears. I promise I'm not going to make you meet my parents or anything until tonight. If you don't want to go at all, I completely understand as well. I know this is all very new to you." Zack exclaimed quickly.

"As I'm still a servant, I will have to ask Alex." Jack murmured.

"Oh please let me speak to Alex and Gregory myself." Zack said with a smirk as he walked down the row to the two men of the Gaskarth family. Jack followed closely behind.

" Your highness! You've excelled out there. What can we do for you?" Gregory said as he bowed respectfully.  Alex did the same. Looking at Jack standing behind Zack as he did so. Solidifying that there is physically a person in between them. Symbolic.

"Yes sir Gaskarth... thank you. I hope you enjoy your riches that come from it. While  I appreciate the kind words. I came over here for a different matter entirely, if you have not gathered, Jack is my marked soulmate. So I would like him to accompany me to the ball this evening. I'm curious if I can steal him from you for the day to, get him properly clothed, and spend some time with him, to get to know him. I realize this means that he will be away from his keeper Alex for the day, but if it is all right with you..." Zack said with a grin in his face, trying to convince everyone of his idea.