Chapter 4

It had been two hours since the woman with the DNA test left, and I was currently laying on one of the couches. My body had started to ache again and I knew it wouldn't be long until I need to take another painkiller.

Suddenly the door opened, and detective Rossi walked in followed by another officer that I hadn't seen yet.

"Aria, this is officer Vitale." While pointing to the younger looking officer. He had blond hair with blue eyes and was wearing a police uniform, but you could see a few tattoos sticking up underneath his shirt. He didn't look as intimidating as Detective Rossi, but he still looked like he could break me in half. "We have good news. Your DNA test came back with a match. We called your brother Alessandro, and he is on his way here to meet you."

After the words 'brother' I didn't hear anything else. My brain was going on high speed with questions. I have a brother. He is coming to get me. What if he doesn't like me? Will he be nice to me? Of course, he won't no one can love me!

Suddenly a hand was waved in front of me, and I flinched back.

"Are you okey miss?" officer Vitale asked me.

"Uhm yeah, eh are you sure? I don't have any siblings, my mother told me that I was an only child." I told them.

"We are sure Aria; he was really happy when I spoke with him on the phone. He should be here in about 8 hours." Detective Rossi told me. I looked up at him and didn't know what to say. In 8 hours, I will meet my brother.

Officer Vitale sat down across from me and said, "my name is Liam miss, is there anything that I can get for you?" He sounded friendly which definitely didn't match his appearance.

"Just some water please." I answered. He got up and walked out of the room but came back 2 minutes later with a bottle of water as well as some chips.

"Thank you" I said as I grabbed the water from his hand.

"Well, Liam is going to sit in here with you until he arrives. I will be back soon." Detective Rossi said.

"That really isn't necessary I am fine by myself" I answered him. Definitely not wanting to have a babysitter to analyze me for the next couple of hours.

"Don't worry Aria, I will just sit here and do some work. You won't even know I'm here." Liam said. I looked at him and decided to just give up. I'm stuck here with a babysitter. Once they saw that I won't say anything else about it Detective Rossi walked out the door leaving me alone with Liam.

It has been 2 hours since I was left here with Liam and he haven't said one word to me, which I appreciate, I was in no mood to small talk. About an hour ago my body started to really hurt, and I knew that the painkillers had definitely worn off and I desperately needed to take new once but how would I explain that to Liam.

"eh Liam, I'm really cold. Could you please get me a blanket?" I asked hoping that he would have to leave the room to go get that.

He quickly got up from his chair and said "of course. I will be right back" then he walked out the door and I quickly grabbed my bag with my painkillers and quickly swallowed 2 before he returned.

He handed me a blanket and a pillow "here you go. I brought you a pillow as well. I know these couches aren't that comfortable but I'm sure you must be tired. Would you like anything to eat before?" I just shook my head and grabbed the pillow and blanket and laid down on the couch and feel asleep immediately.