Chapter 2

It was 2pm and I was halfway through the list when I heard a knock on the door

It was 2pm and I was halfway through the list when I heard a knock on the door. I walked over and looked out the peephole and saw that it was two police officers outside. I slowly open the door.

"Hi officer, is there something that I can help you with?"

"Hi Ma'am, I'm officer Beck & this is officer Miller. We are looking for Sara & Richard Adams. Are they home?"

"No, it is just me here, they should be back in a few hours."

"Okay, may I ask who you are?" Officer Beck asked me.

"I'm Aria, Richard & Sara's foster daughter"

"Nice to meet you Aria, we would like to ask you a few questions. Could you please come with us to the station?"

"Uhm I'm not sure if my foster parents would like that." I'm 100% sure that Richard would not like that and would for sure punish me for speaking to the police.

"Ms. Aria it is really important that we get to speak with you down at the station." Officer Miller answered me.

I didn't want to go but they were police officers they would make me go whether I wanted to or not. I will just have to deal with the consequences once I get home.

"Of course. Please let me go and grab my jacket and shoes. I will be right back" I closed the door and went up the stairs to my room to grab my jacket, my phone, and my bag. I looked in my bag to make sure that I had some painkillers in there in case I had to stay there for a long time.

I walked back down to the door and walked out to the police car.

"You ready to go miss?" Officer Miller asked

"Yes." I answered and got in the back of the car.

When we had driven for about 10 minutes under silence officer Beck asked me

"How long have you lived with the Adams family Aria?"

"I moved in with them when my stepdad was killed almost 6 years ago." I answered

"I'm sorry for your loss miss" officer Miller told me.

"Thank you" I answered

After another 10 minutes in silence officer Beck pulled up outside the police station.

"We are here, I will drop you and officer Miller here and go and park the car and then I will be right in."

Officer Miller stepped out of the car and went to open my car door, I jumped out and landed on my right foot and yelped from the pain shooting up my leg. Officer miller grabbed my arm and looked at me concerned.