Chapter XVIII - Heroes

"Hold on a second, Giants!?" Kris was shocked.

Eren nodded and said, "Yes, and they're coming."

"How much time will they take to get here?" asked Kris.

"I think they'll arrive here tomorrow," Eren answered.

"Then we got to stop them fast," said Kris, who then climbed down and woke up everyone.

"Hey! There's no way that you could fight them!" Said Eren, who was concerned.

"Then my colleagues and I will fight them," said Kris.

"Everyone! Wake up!" He shouted.

Frieren was a bit mad and said, "Come on! What's up all of a sudden?"

"It's an emergency," said Kris.

Stein woke up and replied, "What do you mean an emergency?".

"Stein, remember when we fought the giants?" said Kris.

Stein tries to process. "Yeah, I remembered that."

"Well, they're coming," said Kris, who's getting worried.

"HUH!? Who told you that!?" Stein got scared after he heard the news.

Kris replied, "Eren told me.".

Frieren said, "Then we have to save this kingdom."

She then wakes her brother up. "Brennen, Brennen?"

"What?" said Brennen, who'd been woken up.

Frieren replied, "Are you ready to fight, Brennen? Because we're going to fight some bad guys."

Brennen instantly gets off the bed, changes his clothes, and gears up for the battle.

"I'm all ready!"

"How did you?"

Kris was shocked at Brennen, who was all geared up while he and the others were gearing up.

"Never mind," said Kris.

After they geared up for the fight, they went outside the kingdom and saw Eren looking at the giant going towards them.

"It's them..."

"Eren!" said Kris, who was running towards him as well as his colleagues. They were then shocked to see a giant coming towards them.

Frieren shouted, "So that's what we're fighting!?".

Kris gulps and says, "Apparently, yes, Stein and I lost at them. Now, we're fighting them again."

Brennen goes in front. "Then we'll fight them."

He then pulls out his enchanted axe from his main hand and holds blocks in his off-hand slot. Frieren calls out her staff, Kris unsheathes his sword, and Stein pulls out his book of scriptures.

Eren, who was behind them, was surprised and said, "You guys want to fight them head-on?"

Brennen looked at Eren and nodded. Then, looking back,

"Count me in!" Eren pulls out his machete.

Kris then took a deep breath and said, "Just like what we learned.".

He then said, "Onward!"

They all charge towards the giants, who are trampling anything in their path.

Stein gives everyone strength and a regeneration spell. Then the Lau siblings create a huge staircase and aim for the heads. Kris and Eren are at the bottom, aiming for the heel, while the Lau siblings jump onto the giant's heads. Frieren uses an ice spell to blind the giants, and Brennen finishes it with a strike of his flaming axe. Meanwhile, Kris and Eren swung their swords at the heels of the giants and made them fall. Then, Stein finishes the giants by throwing a splash of Harming potion.