Chapter III - Nether

After Stark and Kris go back up to the surface by using the portal, Stark begins to pack his equipment while Kris tells his colleagues to come with him.

Kris: Guys, it sounds crazy, but my father and his royal scientist built a Nether Portal! And I want you guys to have an adventure with me.

Brennen: A Nether Portal? What could be on the other side, Kris?

Frieren: Hold it, did you say "Nether Portal"?

Kris: Yeah, why do you question it?

Frieren: The legends on which the grimoire is written are true, Kris. There are mysteries about what could be on the other side.

Kris: I visited it, and the place is hellish, and my father also built a fortress.

Stein: Did you just say the other world is the underworld?

Kris: Yes, and I don't have more knowledge of the Nether. Maybe the Nether is just the underworld of the Earth.

Eren: If you want us to explore the nether, Then count me in! Because I'm going to go with you, Kris.

Kris: Frieren, Brennen, and Stein, please come with us. Please? We should prepare at the fortress. Then, we will head out.

Stein: If you want me to bring you to that place, I'd rather stay at the fortress.

Brennen: Oh, oh, oh! I'll come with you, Kris!

Frieren: If my brother and the priest join, Then so am I, Kris.

The five heroes agreed to venture through the Nether's harsh environment. They were about to go down to the basement and went in through the Nether Portal. Stark finished packing up the necessary tools and lab equipment and also went into the portal.

Kris: Father, can we venture out of the fortress?

King Alexander: You can, Kris, but be careful. Otherwise, you'll fall on lava, or you'll be shot by that floating monster.

Kris: We will be cautious, father.

Brennen: C'mon, let's go! I'm excited!

Stein: I think I'm just going to stay here.

Frieren: Oh no, you aren't corrupted, priest.

Stein: AAH!!

Eren: I'm going to track the coordinates in the fortress so we won't get lost.

The five heroes begin to walk out of the fortress and explore the harsh environment of the Nether.

Brennen: Aw, man! So toasty and warm!

Stein: This is not safe at all! I want to go back to the fortress!

Frieren: I'm dragging you, Stein.

Stein screams while being dragged by Frieren. They walked miles and miles until Eren found something in the distance.

Eren: Guys! Check what I've found!

Frieren: What did you see?

Eren: Over there! There are giant red mushrooms. We should check out that place!

Brennen: I'm very curious to eat those giant mushrooms. I'm going to go first!

Frieren: Brennen! Wait for us!

Stein: Frieren! Let go of me!!

Kris: WAIT! We could be heard by that floating creature and shoot at us!

Eren: You mean that white floating monster in front of us? ...

Kris: Run to that mushroom biome!!

The five heroes run toward the red mushroom biome while being chased by the floating monster.

Brennen: Hot! Hot! HOT!!!

The five heroes went to the red mushroom biome and hid in the shade of the giant mushroom, but Frieren decided to fight the creature.

Kris: Frieren! Get in the shade!

Frieren: That's it! I'm done with that annoying floating marshmallow!

Frieren's staff turns into a bow. Then, she loads it and prepares to shoot at the creature.

Frieren: I'm going to turn you into s'mores. Arrow of Harming.

Frieren shot the floating creature, killing it instantly. Then, her bow turns back into a staff.

Frieren: I think I'm going to name that creature that I've slain, which will be called "Ghast.".

Stein: Thank God!! You've killed that devilish monster!

Frieren: We're not in hell, corrupt priest. It looks like hell, but why do these mushrooms exist?

Eren: Should we chop and collect it?

Kris: We could chop these giant mushrooms and take them to the fortress.

Brennen: Oh! Oh! Oh! Can I and Eren chop these mushrooms?

Kris: Yes, Brennen, but do not be careless when you are cutting down.

Eren: Are you ready, Brennen?

Brennen: As a vanguard who always has an axe. WOOHOO!!

Eren and Brennen start to chop the giant mushrooms, but Brennen cuts them recklessly.

Frieren: Brennen! If you are cutting down on things recklessly, I'm going to take your axe!

Brennen: Sorry, sis'...

Brennen cuts down the giant mushrooms cautiously. Then, Frieren rolled her eyes and examined the ground with Kris. While everyone was doing their work, Stein, on the other hand, stayed under the mushroom's shade.

Kris: Do you feel fine, Stein?

Stein: No, I'm not! I'm just going to stay in the shade and read!

Frieren: Kris, look what I've found. These small mushrooms look similar to the giant ones.

Kris: You're right, Frieren. Look, the ground is covered in mycelium instead of bloodstone.

Frieren: There are even roots sprouting out of the ground. This biome is pretty unique, Kris.

Kris: I think I have a name for this biome.

Frieren: Really? What do you call it?

Kris: Well, this place's color is full of crimson red. I think I'll call it "The Crimson Forest.".

Frieren: It sounds generic.

Kris: No, it is not!!

Eren: Guys! Are you done collecting resources?

Frieren: Yes, we are done collecting resources.

Kris: We found roots, mycelium blocks, and these small mushrooms.

Brennen: For us, we got these giant stems, wart blocks, vines, and these glowy thingies.

Kris: Glowy thingies? Brennen, we shall call these glowy thingies "Shroom Light.".

Frieren: Now that is a less generic name, unlike the name of this biome.

Kris: It looks like we have collected enough resources. We should be back at the fortress. Eren, do you have the coordinates?

Eren: Yes, I have the coordinates and also drew a map.

Brennen: You're more than just a hunting creature, Eren. You also know cartography!

Kris: Lead the way, Eren.

Eren: Okay, then, let's go back to the fortress!

Stein: Finally! We can go back!

The five heroes went back to the fortress safely.

To be continued.