29. Ignite

I flung open the nearest door and began my mission. It opened to the children's ward, and it was pure chaos. There were civilians running from crazed patients and Crimson Eclipse members. Through the mess, I spotted a familiar strawberry head. He was trying to calm the children down.

"H-hey now, there's no need to hurt each other! We're all friends he--yeouch!"

I watched as a baby bit down on his shoulder. He tried getting her off when a flurry of children tackled him to the ground. I know he could fend them off but since they were toddlers, he probably didn't want to injure them. Still, the drug does seem to enhance strength and defense; I think a little shove won't hurt.

"Strawberry Shades!" I called, running up.

Grabbing a toddler that was on him, I pulled her off. I began to fling more kids off while trying to keep them from jumping on me. Luckily these kids haven't reached the age of Quirk manifestation so they didn't get the effect of forced Quirk activation. They definitely received the other effect, though; they were strong!

"Strawberry Shades! You need to kick them!" I said, flinging one off of me.

"Wh-what?! Are you telling me to punt a baby? Have you gone mad?!" he exclaimed.

A group of them clung onto me, and I began to get smoldered by squishy toddlers. I told him that the drug enhanced their bodies and they'd be fine. With a hesitant "If you say so", he started kicking and chucking babies off of him. I watched as their little bodies soared in the air and crashed on the floor, unscathed. I did feel bad that they inhaled the orange gas against their will and we were throwing them, but I also snorted at the absurd scene.

He was able to clear them out. He scurried over to me, wearing pout. "I cannot believe that I just did that! Strawberry Shades is not a baby kicker..." he grumbled.

Swerving my way around rampaging kids, we tried to find a way out of the children's ward. I relayed the information to Strawberry Shades. He told me that there might be a way to start a fire. As we turned the corner that opened up to another waiting foyer, I saw a single lone boy standing there. He looked no older than 4. Before I could step in, Strawberry Shades pulled be behind the wall.

"Right there! We can use that boy to start a fire." He explained that he seemed to be the only child that activated his Quirk. Luckily, his Quirk was fire-based so we can use his Quirk to start one. I reminded him that we were in the children's floor, and I'd rather not start a fire around drugged-out toddlers. He told me he'll make a seed and catch it on fire.

"It'll be like a torch, you see. Once it's set, I'll subdue the boy and you leave to start a fire elsewhere. If you exit the foyer, it'll lead to some stairs and a medical supply room. That'll be the perfect place!"

He told me that he'll try to get the boy on the ground, and I use the flames on his feet to set the seed on fire. With that, our plan went into action.

When we stepped into the open, the boy took notice of us and he looked very angry. Immediately, flames ignited from his bare feet and before I could realize, he was right in front of me. I didn't have time to dodge and ended up getting tackled. The boy barred his teeth at me, his eyes gone completely white. He swung to hit me. I redirected it on cue. Clutching his shirt, I tried to shove him off. Strawberry Shades came to my aid and grabbed the boy. In response, flames bursted from the boy's feet. The flames tickled the vigilante, making him yelp in response. Even so, he pushed through and pulled him off. He kept his hold on him while the boy wiggled to escape. Opening a palm, a football sized seed popped out and I caught it.