Magic in the Storm

Magic. That's something I'm very familiar with. I even had Lucas tutor me in my past life.

"But what happened?" I asked Lily.

"I'm not sure. One day, you got so sick that you could not wield your magic after you were treated. It was before you were also supposed to be enrolled at the tower." Lily sighed. "It's all too suspicious. I sent a letter to your Father's office to have it investigated, but I haven't heard back. Everyone was too busy with the sudden appearance of the new lady of the Obelian Empire and the long-lost daughter."

We proceeded with dinner and talked about other things as well; however, I couldn't help but think about what had happened.

So, I lost my magic last year. Just when I was about to learn at the tower. Instead, Jennette is the one who has been taking classes.

I'm sure there's a link there.

I'll figure it out this weekend at the tower.

"Athy..." I heard someone cry. I was back again to my other life.

Is this another dream?

"I'm so sorry. I should have stopped them." It was Jennette kneeling by the window while looking at the stars.

"Jennette?" I called her.

She looked back at me.

Did she hear me?

But instead of coming closer, she hid in the closet.

Someone opened the door. She didn't hear me after all. She heard someone walking towards her room.

"Athanasia's dead." A dark voice echoed.

The harsh winds awoke me.

There was a storm.

"Good morning, miss. Classes are suspended due to the weather. Would you like to have some hot chocolate or porridge?" A maid entered the room.

"I'll have some hot chocolate, thank you." I said. "Where's Lily?"

"She's in her room, miss. It seems like she caught a cold when she went outside earlier."

"Oh no, did she drink medicine yet?" I asked as I hurriedly went to her room.

"No, miss, she couldn't stomach anything since this morning."

I entered Lily's room and saw her in a weakened state.

"Athy, you might catch my cold." Lily murmured.

"It's okay, Lily." I said, "You should at least eat some porridge and take medicine afterward."

"Please also replace the hot water and towels for her forehead." I asked the other maid.

As I went outside Lily's room, I heard the main door of the Villa open.

"Sir Claude, good morning." I heard one of the maids.

I took a peek and saw a drenched Claude and Felix with a broken umbrella.

"Sir Claude will be staying here until the weather improves. The car had engine problems and stopped near the Villa." Felix explained.

"Good morning, Daddy and Felix." I greeted them.

My dad just stared at me, and there was a moment of silence until Felix asked "Where's your nanny?"

"She caught a cold this morning." I said.

Felix looked worried and waited for Claude to finally sit on the couch before going to Lily's room.

I guess Lily's in good hands.