(Part 9) 🪽Feelings🪽

Sunny's POV

I was restless and uneasy, tossing and turning on the couch, trying to catch some sleep. I had been awakened by a strange sensation that had been gnawing at me all night - a strong urge to protect someone. I couldn't fathom who it was or why I felt that way, but the feeling was so intense that I couldn't ignore it any longer. That's when I knew I had to see Xavier.

I made my way up the stairs, feeling a sense of anticipation mixed with trepidation. As I approached his room, I felt a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth, even though I couldn't explain why. I knew that it wasn't right to barge into someone's room unannounced, but the urge to see Xavier was too strong to ignore.

As I pushed open the door, I was enveloped by the warmth and comfort of Xavier's room. The walls were painted in soothing shades of beige, and small starlight twinkled gently on the walls. There was a work desk in one corner and a cozy bed in the other. It felt like a safe haven, a place where I could let my guard down and be myself.

As I walked towards his bed, my heart pounded with anxiety. I couldn't help but wonder if he was alright. Once I reached his bedside, I gazed upon his serene face and felt a wave of relief wash over me. I carefully brushed some strands of his dirty blonde hair away from his face, taking in his peaceful demeanor. I scanned the room, ensuring that there was no threat to his safety. Satisfied that everything was in order, I headed back downstairs, settled on the couch, and waited patiently for Xavier to awaken.

🌸 ❤️ 🪽

As I slowly started to regain my consciousness, I became aware that my eyes were still closed. I couldn't remember how long I had been asleep, but it must have been for a while. Suddenly, I felt a warm presence nearby, and as I opened my eyes, I saw Xavier looking at me with a concerned expression on his face. His eyes were fixed on me as if he had been watching me for a while. It was clear that he was worried about me. I wondered what had happened while I was sleeping, and why Xavier was so concerned.

"Hey! Finally, you're up. You've been sleeping for the whole day now," Xavier exclaimed with a chuckle. His voice was laced with a hint of concern as he continued, "I was just contemplating whether or not I should get one of my friends to see if you were actually alive."
He leaned in closer and put one of his hands on my forehead to check if it was too warm or not.

"But seriously though, are you okay?" he asked with a furrowed brow, his gaze fixed on my face, searching for any signs of discomfort or pain.

After a moment of silence, Xavier stood up and walked toward the kitchen. "You're not too warm. Do you want some tea?" he asked, his voice echoing from the other room.

I lay there thinking about what just happened, my mind still foggy from sleep. I put my hand on my forehead, similar to how Xavier did. A wave of emotion came to me at that moment, mostly embarrassment and happiness. I realized my face did feel hotter, mostly my cheeks. Was I blushing? As I tried to make sense of my thoughts, I heard Xavier coming back with a steaming cup of tea.