Prologue

Labored breathing would be heard from within an old chieftain building.

"Cervical Dilation....10 centimeters...current bp pressures are nominal...fetus position is properly aligned...contractions are within parameters...chances of success...96%...odds are favorable." A metallic voice would echo through the wooden shack as a pregnant woman lay in a makeshift hospital room. "We are ready to proceed, Liam Aves." 

The Dove Faunas and team leader of Team LGHT Liam Aves would nod to his teammate as he held the hand of the pregnant woman as the village chieftain looked on. The pregnant woman would gaze up into Liam's eyes, her face softening as her eyes lay upon Liam's. Perhaps it was his almost inviting aura or even his gentle facial features.

"Ready?" Liam would ask the woman as she attempted to smile through the pain

"Only one way this child is going to come out right?" The woman would quip as Liam smirked.

"Not necessarily, if you wish, we could alternate to perform a c-section. However, due to the lack of anesthetics, you will have to be awake for the procedure. Would you like to proceed with this alternative method?"   The Vale Science Department's brain child Harper Rubert would state blankly as the woman's eyes widened before swiftly shaking her head aggressively. 

(The left side is her base form and the right side is the combat form, in this scene she is currently in her base form

(The left side is her base form and the right side is the combat form, in this scene she is currently in her base form.)

"Harp, I doubt our patient wants to have a c-section right now." Liam chuckled as he eyed the pregnant woman, who was now nodding, agreeing with the Dove before suddenly flopping onto the bed as she started to groan in pain. 

The pregnant woman would quickly shake and nod her head, agreeing with the Dove, before leaning back in her bed as she started to groan in pain the contractions suddenly got worse and the pain was almost unbearable to tolerate...it was time.

"Match my breathing please or else the pain will only get worse."

"I think what my metallic friend is trying to say is that you are going to do fine. Ready?"

The woman would nod.

"Push."

On the borders of the settlement