𝟷𝟿. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙸𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘

Jirou was serious when she said she would only stay for a few minutes. Before Hagakure knows it, the crowd is starting to disperse, and soon everyone is heading back to their own rooms. The music is turned down, but still, Hagakure can barely hear her own thoughts.

"Ugh, I don't want it to be over," she mutters as she rests her head on Y/N's shoulder. Y/N seems to be pretty out of it, she just stares into space with a blank look that makes Hagakure wonder if she's still alive. "What's going through that pretty little head of yours, Y/N?"

Y/N sighs, looking away as if she doesn't want to meet her gaze.

"What is it? You can tell me," Hagakure nudges her, her words slightly slurred.

"It's nothing," Y/N insists.

"C'mon, just spit it out," she laughs. "Nobody's listening."

"I was just thinking about before," Y/N then admits with a sigh as she glances down at the burn mark on her wrist. "With Bakugou."

"Yeah, he actually talked to you."

"He touched me," Y/N adds. "Even though it was hot, he was holding me again."

"Y/N," Hagakure begins cautiously, "don't you dare start getting feelings for that jerk again. Not after the way he treated you!"

"He called me baby," Y/N continues as if she hadn't even heard what Hagakure said to her.

"Seriously, you need to stop," Hagakure frowns, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder.

"I'm fine," Y/N shakes her head. "Don't worry about me. Besides, I already know he doesn't care. I saw him walk off with Kirishima before. And it's not like he was looking for me or anything."

Hagakure sighs, knowing there's no point in arguing with Y/N when she gets like this. So instead, she simply hugs her friend. "Maybe we should go to bed then," she offers.

Y/N groans, not wanting to give up on her last chance at talking to him again. That was the most progress they've made in months and part of her wishes he'd come back just to tell her something. Anything, really. She'd take a "fuck off" if it meant she could hear his voice one more time.

But, she's tired, so, reluctantly, she agrees. Hagakure wraps her arm around Y/N's waist and together, they walk towards the dorms. However, as fate would have it, Bakugou happens to be walking down the hallway towards them, and the two girls are forced to stop.

"Shit," Hagakure swears under her breath, but it's too late, because they're both standing in front of each other. "Do you want me to..."

"Stay," Y/N finishes quickly. "Please."

"Uh, hey," Bakugou mumbles, his gaze fixed on the ground. "You're still here."

"Yeah, we're all pretty fucked up," Hagakure laughs.

"Surprised you're still out here," Y/N responds. "Thought you'd be asleep by now."

"Kirishima and I needed some water so I thought," he begins before trailing off, realizing just how incriminating that sounded.

Hagakure gulps and, as much as she'd love to hear the drama, decides it's best for her to go. So, with a quiet apology to Y/N, she slips her hand away and leaves the two of them to talk in private.

"Look, Y/N-"

"Don't force yourself, Bakugou," she scoffs, shoving her shoulder into his as she walks past. However, he doesn't let her get too far before grabbing her by the hand and spinning her around to face him. Way too close for comfort. Her heart beats out of her chest.

"I know you don't want to talk to me but can you at least hear me out?" he asks, his tone more vulnerable than she's used to hearing.

"Fine," she sighs.

"I'm sorry," he begins, and he seems genuinely upset. "I shouldn't have ever said all those things to you. They weren't true. I was just so angry. I wanted to hurt you, and I know I did, and that's something I have to live with."

Y/N feels tears stinging at her eyes as she listens to him. All this time, she thought he didn't care. But now, standing in front of her, his eyes red, she realizes he was hurting just as much as she was.

"I didn't want things to end up like this," Bakugou admits.

"Neither did I," she says.

"I want to make it up to you," he continues.

"It's a bit late for that," she snaps back to reality suddenly, pulling her hand away. "Don't act like you were just getting off to Kirishima thirty seconds ago."

"Yikes," Hagakure gulps from just around the corner. She did want to give them privacy, but she also really wanted to hear what they would say.

Just then, she notices Sero walking over from further down the hall. When he sees Hagakure's gloves, she gasps. Sero probably shouldn't interrupt Y/N's conversation with Bakugou just yet. She should distract him until she's able to come back.

"Sero!" Hagakure calls out.

"What's up?" he asks as he approaches.

"Shhh!" she puts a finger to her mouth. "Not so loud. People are sleeping, you know."

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry," he nods. "Is everything okay with you?"

"I'm fine," she smiles, though he can't see it. "How was your last night as a UA student?"

"Great," Sero chuckles. "But now I'm beat. I was just going to check on the group still downstairs before going to sleep. I don't want to leave anyone feeling sick behind down there."

"Oh," Hagakure sighs. "Actually, Y/N and I didn't see anyone still alone down there. Everyone's in their rooms."

"Y/N?" he repeats. She might have been the only thing he heard Hagakure said. "You came up with her? Where is she?"

"Oh, uh," Hagakure gulps, looking behind her and seeing Y/N's back pressed up against the wall, Bakugou's arm placed above her head. They look like they're fighting, but maybe, just maybe, they are working something out.

Quickly, she grabs onto Sero and spins him around so he can't see the scene going on nearby. "You know what, it would be great if you could walk me to my room," she lies, hoping to get him out of there fast. "I'm too drunk to remember anything else right now."

"Alright," Sero agrees, not noticing anything out of the ordinary. "Let's go."

"Oh, thank god," Hagakure breathes a sigh of relief. Y/N better be figuring everything out with Bakugou, because Sero is almost certainly going to head back looking for her.