𝟷𝟶. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘

"Woah, where are you going speeding around like that?" Sero chuckles as Y/N bumps right into him. Silently, she curses Hagakure who quickly lets go of her hand and waves goodbye to her before disappearing into the crowd.

"Sorry, Hagakure was pulling me and I think..." she begins, but decides not to finish her sentence. She's not sure what he would think if she told him that Hagakure did it on purpose.

"That's okay," he chuckles.

"Hey, uh, have you seen Mineta around?" Y/N suddenly asks, looking to strangle the little shit for lying.

"Oh, yeah, he just said goodnight to me before going up to his dorm. Did you need him for something?" Sero asks, already having heard about Y/N's kiss with Mineta. Though he wasn't actually sure if it was true or not.

"Uh, no, it's nothing. Just a misunderstanding. Hey, how's Mina doing?"

"I just left her a few minutes ago," he nods. "She seems alright. She looked like she was about to pass out. Then I came back and saw Kaminari who told me that you and Mineta were making out. Is that true?"

Y/N groans.

"Mineta's such a little shit. I can't believe him," she grumbles, shaking her head.

"So you're not dating Mineta, then?"

"What? No," Y/N says quickly. "Why in god's name would I be dating Mineta?"

"Well, Kaminari made it sound like it. I guess he was pretty drunk. Sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"No, it's fine," Y/N says, feeling a little relieved. "I'll gladly clarify that to anyone."

"Well, good, because I'd be pretty disappointed," he chuckles.

"Why would you care?" Y/N gulps, not loving where this conversation is going.

"Well, it'd mean that you're taken," he says.

"Yeah, I guess so," you chuckle, looking around the room for an excuse to leave.

"Are you looking for someone?"

"Nope," she says, a little too quickly.

"Are you sure?"

"Actually, uh, my parents are calling," she says, quickly pulling out her phone and turning the ringer on. "Can we finish this later?"

"Sure," Sero shrugs.

As Y/N walks away, she can't help but think about what a lame excuse that was. She better go confess to Todoroki before she runs out of stupid excuses.

Thankfully, it takes her way less time to find Todoroki than it took for Bakugou to find Kirishima. However, unlike the red-haired boy, Todoroki doesn't appear to have moved an inch since the party began.

"Hey, Shoto," Y/N says as she approaches him. "How's your night going?"

"It's pretty enjoyable, honestly," he replies, glancing around. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Looking at you like what?"

"You look like you want something," he says.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she shakes her head. "I just had a rather unpleasant conversation with someone and I can't stop thinking about it."

"Would you like to tell me what happened?"

"Oh, uhm," Y/N stutters.

"You don't have to, if you don't want to."

"Actually, there was something I wanted to talk to you about instead, if that's alright," she gulps nervously.

"Of course. What is it?" Todoroki nods, his expression attentive.

"Well, it's just that, we've known each other for a long time, haven't we?" she begins, trying to steady her nerves.

"Yes," Todoroki nods, a faint smile on his lips.

"And we've grown close over the years," she continues, searching his eyes for any hint of understanding where this is going. However, he continues to gaze at her steadily, waiting for her to proceed.

Taking a deep breath, Y/N closes the distance between the two of them and gently pressing her lips against his. The moment, however, is short-lived as Todoroki pulls back, his expression now filled with surprise.

"Y/N," he says in a voice too calm to mean anything good. "I value our friendship a lot but I think you should know that starting a relationship to boost your hero career is wrong."

"W-What?" Y/N splutters, her heart sinking in her chest.

"If you have no feelings for me, then I don't think we should pretend," Todoroki says, his voice steady.

"What are you talking about?" she scoffs. "You can't be serious?"

"I'm very serious. Y/N, I know you and Bakugou broke up, but that doesn't mean that you have to go out with me," he explains, his words sounding almost like they were being spat in her face.

"Who said anything about Bakugou? And who said that I have no feelings for you?"

"You've never told me otherwise."

"I just kissed you! Isn't that enough of a hint?" How can he be this dense, seriously!

Todoroki then places his hand on her shoulder and offers her a reassuring squeeze. "I don't want to ruin our friendship, Y/N, but I don't think you and I would be a good match. Thank you for your concern, though."

He then walks away, leaving Y/N alone. Tears begin to silently stream down her face, but she wipes them away and heads towards the door. She can hardly breath and a bit of cool night air would do her some good.

Outside, she can feel her chest begin to clamp shut, and her breath come in ragged gasps.

"Fuck," she whispers, struggling to stay calm. She bends down, trying to catch her breath as she leans her palms on her knees. Her legs feel like they're about to give out.

She can't believe this is happening. She had thought that she had finally found her chance to be happy again. Nobody has ever understood how Todoroki can be so sharp yet so dull at the same time. It's honestly exhausting. But the fact that he passed your feelings off like they didn't even exist was the worst of all.

"Stupid asshole," she curses. "Guess that runs in the family."

As Y/N stands, she takes in a deep breath and looks up at the sky. It's so clear that she can see the stars. She closes her eyes and listens to the crickets chirping. Everything seems quiet.

"I wish things were different," she mumbles, taking a deep breath.