New Land Arc, ep8

Episode 8: The Preparation
- - -
A few hours later, Scarlett was done healing Tristan. The moment he got up, he took his blade and headed outside.

- Scarlett: Hm? Tristan, where to?

- Tristan: I will go find Bernard and bring him here. In the meantime, you and Rohan should open the portal to the Argent--

- Rohan: No.

- Tristan: No?

- Rohan: Just hear yourself, wanting to go to the Argent Dawn in this state. Are you that eager to die?

- Tristan: We don't have time.

- Rohan: Said who?

- Scarlett: He is right, Tristan, we have time. They just took her yesterday. First, she will spend a week locked in her division quarters. Afterwards, on the 8th day, a trial will be held where her fate will be decided. In this case, an execution is guaranteed. The laws and customs of the Argent Dawn do not allow the execution to take place 12 whole days following the trial. What this means is that we have 20 days to rescue your friend starting today.

- Tristan: Well that's..plenty of time, I guess.

- Rohan: It's not plenty, just enough.

- Tristan: What do you mean?

- Rohan: You don't seriously think that you will enjoy your time while we do all the work, right?

- Tristan: Of course not, but what are we going to do?

- Rohan: Scarlett will have her own tasks around this mission, but my plan for you is different.

Rohan opened a drawer and inside was a sword, he took it in his hands and turned towards Tristan.

- Rohan: The Knights of the Argent Dawn possess special weapons that grant them the access to specific abilities beyond the ordinary. When you fought the man named Kael, he used his weapon ability against you - absorbing the power from your attacks and enhancing his own attacks with it. His leader and captain Levi, also used his ability that day. The leaf that stopped your attack was his doing, as his ability allows him to use his power level to control and empower the leaves from the trees around. Giving them sharpness and durability and thus using them as both blades and shields, cutting down foes and protecting himself at the same time.

- Scarlett: Levi stopped your strongest swing with a single leaf, your attack did not even make the leaf change it's falling direction. This only speaks of the difference you two have in your power level.

- Rohan: Oh and don't be quick to think that this will be the hardest part.

- Tristan: What do you mean?

- Scarlett: He is saying that Levi is far from the scariest person you can encounter in the realm of the Argent Dawn..

- Rohan: But don't worry.. Give me.. hmm.. 10 days!

- Tristan: 10 days?!

- Rohan: Exactly. In 10 days time you will be ready to venture into the realm of the Argent Dawn. How will I do that, you wonder.. Quite simple. By taking Marielle's powers, you became one of them. This means your sword has a name now, and an ability. A name I intend to help you learn and an ability I intend to teach you how to use! - said Rohan with a big smile on his face.

Just as Tristan and Rohan left the house, Tristan saw a few familiar faces right outside. It was Jeremy and Elaine, comrades from sword practice at Goldshire.

- Tristan: Jeremy? Elaine?

- Jeremy: We have come to join you.

- Tristan: Join me??