9. Business Award

It had been about two weeks since you and taehyung got back from your awesome vacation trip.

Gotta admit, it was one hell of a trip, and you had a blast. Even though you're not much of a traveler, every moment during that vacation was enjoyable. You knew deep down that this memory would stay with you forever. Plus, something felt different during this trip.

You found yourself actually enjoying going out, getting into the traditions of the places you visited, appreciating the history that taehyung shared, and, of course, spending quality time with him.

You guys have been practically grown up together, but this hangout had a different vibe and different emotions.

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

With two steaming mugs of freshly brewed coffee in hand, you made your way to the bedroom.

Taehyung was focused over his laptop, looking all annoyed and groaning as soon as you walked in. You couldn't help but shake your head at his groaning.

It had been a couple of days, and his mood had been off. He seemed constantly annoyed.

He was nominated for the Best Businessman of the Year award, and he was really happy about it. It wasn't his first time being nominated or winning, so he wasn't anxious or nervous. He was pretty sure he'd take home that trophy.

But his happiness quickly faded when he found out that there wouldn't be a public event for the award due to some security reasons.

You pass the mug to him with a small smile, and he looks towards you with the same sad face, closing his laptop and taking the mug. You sit in front of him and calmly ask.

"Why are you so annoyed, Taehyung? It's not a big deal."

Taehyung looks at you in shock and says

"Not a big deal!? Look there."

He motions with his eyes, and you follow his gaze towards the cupboard beside the wardrobe door.

That cupboard is an epitome of emotions. It holds all his certificates and awards from the time he started school to his latest trophy, along with a photo frame capturing the moment he received those awards. It's a safe place, a connection to his past achievements.

"There won't be a public event. I won't have a record of receiving the award. My collection will be ruined,"

He says in an offended tone.

You chuckle softly, looking at him and said.

"There won't be a public event, but Taehyung, we will be there. Your parents and I. There will be a representative. You'll receive the award from them, and we can take pictures for your collection."

He said, his expressions filled with disappointment.

"And what about the public? What about my fans? Don't you know how popular I am? I have a pretty big fan base. My fans won't be there to cheer for me,"

You shake your head at his sulking and the way he's acting. He looks like a small kid whose favorite toy was taken away as punishment.

You knew he do have a pretty big fan base.

Taehyung is like the ultimate heartthrob. He's young, handsome, and a total boss in the business world. He doesn't even have to try to catch people's attention, especially the ladies. With his down-to-earth personality, hard work, and success, he's got fans lining up to get a glimpse of him. He's like a role model for all the newbies out there. He's been to so many fancy meetings and parties, making a name for himself wherever he goes.