37. It's A Possibility

The first month of Gaty being away was going very well. Saw had felt better about her being away, and the two talked all the time.

Gaty also has been sharing her adventures with the team, and she has found the experience to be a great stride towards working in different educational settings.

Unfortunately, once the second month had hit, Saw had obtained a nasty stomach virus. She had woken up in the middle of the night feeling queasy and was not able to go back to sleep.

Once the team woke up in the morning and learned what had happened, they expressed concern for their fellow Team8er.

"Saw, are you okay?" Needle asked, her worry evident.

Saw weakly smiled, "I'll survive, just a stomach bug. Happens to the best of us, right?"

Pin offered a bowl of soup, "Here, this always helps me when I'm feeling under the weather. You need to stay hydrated."

"Thanks, Pin," Saw replied, appreciating the gesture. She took a few sips of the soup, feeling the warmth soothing her unsettled stomach.

Coiny chimed in, "You know, it's a good thing Gaty isn't here. She would've been hovering over you like a worried mother hen."

Saw chuckled, "True. But I miss her fussing over me right now."

Barf Bag handed her a ginger tea, "Ginger is great for nausea. And don't worry, we're here to fuss over you in her absence."

Barf Bag and Donut had to go to work soon after. Coiny and Needle went to go help out at the Bakery, while Pin decided it would be best to stay back with Saw, not only to take care of her, but since Saw was too ill to watch Thread, it was best for Pin to watch Thread too.

As the day went on, Saw drifted in and out of sleep, with Pin taking care of her and keeping her comfortable. The team members who returned from their work took turns checking in on Saw, bringing her small treats and keeping her spirits up.

By the evening, Saw started feeling a bit better. The worst of the stomach bug seemed to have passed, and she was grateful for the care and support she received from her friends.

"You guys are the best," Saw said, genuinely touched by their kindness.

"We're family," Pin replied, "and family takes care of each other."

As night fell, Saw drifted off to sleep, glad that the worst of the stomach bug was over.

Or so she thought.

Again, she was woken up in the middle of the night, throwing up, possibly worse than the day before.

Barf Bag started to go into Dr. Gutterson mode when she heard what had happened, "Saw, this doesn't seem like a regular stomach bug, they should usually clear up within 24 hours."

Saw nodded, "I feel like crap, I don't know what we should do."

Pin made some more soup, "here, have some, it seemed to make you feel better yesterday."

Saw took one whiff of the soup and immediately dashed to the toilet, throwing up yet again.

Pin exchanged a worried look with Barf Bag, "You and Donut should head off to work, me Coiny and Needle have this under control." Barf Bag nodded as they left for work.

Saw continued to not feel well, even after trying some remedies. Coiny told Saw to go up into her room to rest.

Pin continued to think about what this sickness could be, or where it even came from. They had all been eating the same meals, so food poisoning was out of the question. Plus, almost no one else she knew had gotten any sort of stomach virus.