CHAPTER 27

A few minutes later, the group arrived at the holy temple.

Meira and Sera look at the temple curiously mouth agape in awe. The holy temple looks so luxurious and radiant. It made people comfortable and tranquil.

"Wow,"

"What a holy ambiance!" Sera mumbled in surprise. "It feels uncomfortable though..." Sera frowned in displeasure.

"Duh. Obviously, your power is darkness so you feel uncomfortable," Meira rolled her eyes playfully for the first time, "Just endure it for the time being."

Sera snorted and still frowning. For some reason, she dislikes this place so much because it suppresses her powers although it only suppresses 0.00001 percent of her dark power. She's powerful enough and nothing in this world could suppress her completely. Unless the gods descended and suppressed her again.

The priests smiled proudly and quickly led the duo inside with a fanatical look on their faces. Along the way, the other priests looked curiously and were stunned when their gaze landed on Meira as if they saw a ghost—a very beautiful ghost.

"S-Saintess! Great Saintess!" the priest was dumbfounded and felt like they were dreaming.

"My God! Pinch me! Am I seeing the real Great Saintess right now?"

"Oh my god! It hurts!"

"So it's real!"

And so, Meira was quickly surrounded by the fanatical priests. They were in awe as if they saw the brightest star.

Sera felt annoyed for some reason. She just wanted to drag Meira out of this place. Her eyebrows twitched and she wanted to destroy the place instead.

"Everyone that's enough. Let's bring the Great Saintess to meet His Holiness!"

"Oh, that's right! Let's go!"

"I'm so excited just now!"

"Let's go!"

"I can't wait to see his holiness reaction!"

The priests were so excited that they almost jumped like little children. Who would have thought they would meet the Great Saintess they were dreaming of seeing? It's like a dream come true.

The group led the duo to the conference room.

At this time, the pope, the cardinal, and the other high priests seated solemnly in the conference room, as if they were plagued by unsolvable problem and doom were coming.

"This time, danger is imminent. The capital will be plagued by demons. Without the Great Saintess Meira Latona, our powers weren't enough to deal with the demons. I'm afraid the heroes couldn't do anything about the Great Demon either."

"King William might send the summoned heroes to the battlefield. This time they might really perish I'm afraid,"

"Your Holiness, the Great Saintess is nowhere to be found. If we don't do something, it will be the end of the world. Why don't we summon another Saintess from another world again?"

The Pope frowned and shook his head, "No! The Great Saintess was still alive somewhere. We can't summon another one. It will be useless to do so since the former Saintess cannot be replaced unless she's dead."

"Then what should we do? We've been looking for the saintess for years, but there's not even a shadow of her in the four kingdoms."

"Double the search. Let's find the Great Saintess at all cost!" the pope uttered strongly without question.

At this moment, there was a knock on the door and everybody frowned at being interrupted.

"His Holiness, may we come in? We brought someone of importance!" a voice echoed from behind the door.