CHAPTER 20

A few hours later, Cruella and the girls were strolling around the bustling streets. It was noisy but bearable. The girls' eyes sparkled at the sight of food at the stalls. Curious about what they tasted like, they ended up visiting each stall and grabbing a bite or two.

"What is this?" Sera asked at the dark thing in a stick. A hunchback grandma was selling it at a small stall and she sells weird and exotic food.

But the pungent smell made the girls gagged.

The old woman smiled and said, "It's an intestine of a monster, child."

"What did you say?!" the four girls' jaw dropped.

"Don't judge it by its weird appearance. I assure you that it tastes good. You can never taste something like this everywhere." the old woman continued with a smile but there was a cold glint hidden in her eyes.

The truth was, this old woman was a demon in disguise. Her true appearance is nothing like an old woman at all.

However, her concealment was discovered by Cruella at a glance.

"There's no way I would eat something like this!" Sera grumbled and the sight of weird food made her gag more.

Despite knowing the truth, Cruella was examining the exotic food that belonged to the monster. She frowned as she saw the dark aura emitting from the meat. They smelled weird and Cruella was suspicious when she glowed at the expression of the old woman, albeit, fleeting. But she's certain that it laces with malice.

Although, Cruella couldn't find what was wrong with the food since it wasn't poisoned at all. If so, the demon's intention might be different, and selling food was just a disguise.

Since it didn't concern her, Cruella ignored it and looked at the food with great interest. In her previous life, she had tasted different exotic foods and she liked them. She was about to grab a stick when Sera grabbed her hand.

"Let's go! I can't stomach to see these weird-looking things anymore." Sera pulled Cruella away while Meira and Lucy followed suit.

Cruella looked back subconsciously and saw the old woman's face darkened while emitting a dark aura but paled while staring at Meira's back.

Cruella smirked. 'Interesting!'

The four girls entered a few stores mostly those who were selling sweets and delicacies.

"Whoa!" Cruella's eyes sparkled while looking at the conspicuous building not far away. Before the trio could react, Cruella disappeared from their sight and they only heard her say, "I'll be back later. You go shopping on your own for a while!"

"Where is she going?" Sera blinked her eyes while eating ice cream.

Lucy shrugged her shoulders while licking her ice cream. "Maybe she saw something that interests her!"

"Whoa, guys look up!" Meira's eyes sparkled at the sight of a floating ship in the sky.

"A floating ship?" Sera and Lucy gasped and suddenly felt excited.

"I want to ride in it!" the trio uttered in unison.

Soon, they forgot about Cruella and asked people about the floating ship. It turns out that those were passenger ships going to different routes. They could also ride it to go to the capital faster.

However, the fare cost an arm and a leg. Well, from the commoners' view that is!

There were three ways to go to the capital. Firstly, through the teleportation array which cost 10,000 gold coins for each person. It was run by Marquess Dionne Family. Secondly, through a floating ship that cost 5,000 gold coins and was also run by Marquess Dionne's Family. And lastly, through a passenger carriage which only cost 10 gold coins for each person.