Try Hard

Calum//

  I think Ariana was being nice for the first time. Not really nice, but less bitter with me. Earlier in the morning when we bumped into each other, I said sorry and she didn't respond in an annoyed way or said mean things.

  The day went pretty fast and my friends apologized and I also apologized so it was all good.

  Science was the last period. Today me and Ariana would start brainstorming for the project. 

  ¨Okay class get with your assigned partners and start working! Remember you have 3 days to work in class and this project is due in 2 weeks! Get working!¨ Mr. Scott announced. 

  Ariana stayed in her seat so I just went with her and pulled a chair to sit with her. ¨Hi.¨ I said. ¨Hey.¨ she responded with a serious face and not looking at me. ¨So umm do you have the notes? I forgot mine.¨ I told her in a kind way. ¨Well next time remember to bring them.¨ She said as he handed me her notebook. ¨Thanks.¨ I said. ¨Yeah.¨ She said staring at the ground.

 ¨So what's your idea for the project?¨ I asked her in a good and nice way. ¨What's yours?¨ She asked annoyed. ¨Well since we're doing genetics, we could write down the important vocabulary like, genes, asexual reproduction, sexual reproduction, fertilization, allele, inherit, offspring, dominant and recessive. And we could also do a punnett square, a pedigree and combinations of genes.¨ I said.

  Ariana looked surprised when I said all of that. ¨You seriously remembered all of that?¨ She asked in a good way this time. ¨Yeah.¨ I said in a low voice. ¨Cool. Umm yea we could do your idea.¨ She said grinning a little this time. ¨Okay.¨ I said and giving her a smile.

  ¨I could write down the definitions and you can work on the punnett square and the pedigree.¨ She suggested. ¨Sounds good.¨ I said.

  We got to work and Ariana added more words for the project.

  Ariana Grande, a very bitter girl that always seemed mad and was always mean to me, was actually being nice to me for the first time. We didn't really talk about anything throughout the whole period. It was just silence, but the kids around us kept being loud.

  There was 2 minutes left of class so I asked her something. ¨Do you want to work on the project over the weekend?¨ I asked. ¨Sure I guess.¨ She said as she kept writing. ¨Uhh what's your phone number?¨ I asked. ¨Why do you want my phone number?!?!¨ She half yelled. 

 ¨So I can call you or text you when I'm outside your house.¨ I said in a low voice. ¨I could just give you my adress and when you get there, you can just knock you know?¨ She said irritated. ¨That works too.¨ I said as I sighed.

  She was right. Her phone number wasn't necessary. I wanted her phone number to get to know her and hear her amazing voice, but that would never ever happen. I guess I just try hard, but nothing will ever work to get her attention.

 ¨Okay! Class is over!¨ Mr. Scott said in a joyful way. That man has always liked Fridays. 

  ¨Here's my address.¨ Ariana told me as she handed me a small piece of paper. ¨Thanks. So what time should I get there?¨ I asked. ¨Anytime, but not early in the morning.¨ She stated. ¨Anytime?¨ I asked confused. ¨Yeah. I rarely go out. And if I go out, it's only to Alexa's house. My mom is busy all the time.¨ Ariana said looking down as she got up from her seat.

 ¨Oh. So umm I'll get there around 1:30 pm.¨ I said. I felt bad for her. ¨Yea it's fine.¨ Ariana said. She scoot in her chair, grabbed her backpack and left the room. 

  I put the chair back where it belonged, grabbed my backpack and left too. 

 --------------------