CHAPTER 13- ENTANGLED

From the first floor Mew looked down to the garden which was well decorated with flowers and lights. It wasn't too crowded but every close family members and friends were. It was Mew and gulfs post graduation celebration but there is something more to it. The parents decided it would be great to announce mewgulf engagement today too.

Mew's mind was full of thoughts. At first he didn't said anything to his parents because he didn't wanted to force Khaotung and first out. And Gulf tried his best to not disclose the entire truth. He clung to Mew as if they were glued. Just like that two weeks passed and the day of their engagement came. There were times when Mew almost told his parents about his break up but seeing how happy they were he just couldn't do so.

But Mew is determined he won't give Gulf another chance. And he thought once he starts working he would get some time to think away from Gulf and can call off his engagement with out less casualties. As Mew's eyes wondered through guests it stuck on first.

First looked plain, he was always been the light of every gathering but today he seemed gloomy. As their eyes met Mew remembered their previous conversation.

Two weeks ago after arguing with Gulf, Mew went straight to first. He was in his room deep in his own thoughts. "Explain" Mew said with a stern voice. Mew is not a hotheaded person he never uses bad words nor starts a fight. But it was different this time, he seemed scary. First knew what it was all about "p' I'm sorry. I didn't wanted to go against khao's decision.. " First said in a low voice.

"So you threw me under the bus... First I didn't expect this from you... And how did you even knew about me and Gulf... Is that psycho threatening you? " Mew shooted his questions. "No.. No.. P' it's not like that. P' I love you alot and what ever I did I believe it's better for your happiness.
Please before jumping on to conclusions listen to me. So when you came back home for your vacation after sophomore year I noticed something was different with you, in a good way. I had my hunch but I confirmed it when I stayed at your dorm for my inter school competition. I admit I did some digging but it didn't took me long to put two plus two together." First explained peacefully.

"But if you knew about it for that long why didn't you asked me? Wait... Do you know we are.. " Before Mew could complete his question first interrupted and said " Not together anymore? I know it's been almost one year right? You guys were together for four years and then broke up. P'... I didn't confront you because there was no need. Actually p'gulf caught me snooping around and after hearing everything he said you were dating and was serious about it."

"Wait.. What Gulf told you? Like he actually said it? We were dating? " Mew was puzzled the Gulf he knew would never tell anyone about their relationship and that was the core reason of their break up. "Yeah... He did. He wanted me to keep it secret because we wanted to tease you when the time comes. But last year when I saw you I could immediately tell something was off. And I knew it might be related to p'gulf so I went to talk about it and.. And he told everything including your break up. I was so angry at him but... He cried p'. The Gulf who never cries no matter what cried his soul out in my arms for you." First was interrupted by Mew.

"That doesn't make anything better. It's already ended. And he was the one who wanted to break up." From mew's words first can sense the amount of pain he had in his heart. First moved closer to Mew and put his hands on elders shoulder and said "I know how hurt you were. Trust me p' I can understand it more than anyone. But he do love you alot all this past year he was constantly trying. Even you can't deny that. But I get it you are hurt and afraid but p'... I know in your heart p'gulf still holds an irreplaceable place. I want you to be happy with the one you love."

"First I'm not angry with you but I'm upset. And I know you want me to be happy but I don't think it will be possible with Gulf. With out him I'm not happy either but I don't have the strength to gave him another chance... I'm afraid. We have been together for four years and I was always focused on the bright sides that I thought I can be his secret till he is ready but only after breaking up I noticed how deep those scars were." Mew's eyes were all teary and red.

First tried to say something but Mew cut in and said. "You are really like me first and that's makes me worried because the one you love is just like Gulf... I don't want you to experience my fate.. " First knew it too. Khaotung is not different from Gulf and his actions were similar too but contrary to what Mew said first is actually confident because of that. He have seen how badly hurt Mew was but he knew how Gulf felt too. In fact he is the only one witnessed their love. And because of that Gulf had talked to him a lot so he knew how much he loves Mew.

Suddenly someone took mew's hands which made him came back from his thoughts. It was Gulf, with a bright smile on his face. He gently holded mew's hands. Gulf knew he was taking advantage of this situation but as first said it's gulf's only chance to make things right. So he was going to give his whole.

As everyone was there the parents eagerly jumped on to today's main event

As everyone was there the parents eagerly jumped on to today's main event. Gulf had bright smile in his face but Mew was expression less. Gulf noticed Mew was distancing himself for Gulf so he took mew's hand and placed it on his waist.

First was looking at the newly engaged couple. He was happy because he thought at least it will help them get a closure. But there was someone who's gaze was fixed on first. Khaotung stood at a corner and was looking at first the entire time. After that drama khaotung was certain that first would be upset and disappointed in him. After all he let his insecurities and fears get the best of him the whole time when their parents were saying Gulf and first are dating he stood quite.

That day he knew first was looking at him but he decided to stay still. All this time first was nothing but supportive. After everything khaotung knew he hurted first, he kept their relationship hidden and kpet silent that day because he knew khaotung would want that. First had made it clear that he want to let the whole world know that they are dating but he was waiting for the moment when khaotung will be ready for that.

Even after that drama first didn't fight nor did he complain. He behaved as if he wasn't hurt at all but khaotung knew that was not the case. Even today first looked down deep in his own thoughts he looked like lifeless but the moment his eyes met Khaotung's he had a smile on his face.

Authors Note

Hope you loved it....
Please commet and vote 💜

If everything goes well I think I can soon publish "my destined mate" Stay tuned..