202

"arrive."

Shen Lin led Xia Ke to the VIP room, where almost no one came.

After hearing Xia Ke's words, the man lowered his head slightly and looked at her. His neatly styled hair had some naughty strands falling on his forehead, making him a little more distracted.

"I was just thinking..." The man's eyes flashed slightly, as if he was thinking, or as if he had encountered some problem, but his voice was as calm and cold as ever, and he finally said slowly, "There is something that should be done."

Um?

Xia Ke didn't understand.

She saw Shen Lin smile at her, and it had to be said that the lethality of this smile was astonishing.

A cold and indifferent man showed such a faint smile, as if the soft shimmer beside him was crushed in his eyes, or like the shimmering epiphyllum blooming at night, with an alluring surprise.

He should obviously have peach blossom eyes that are amorous and romantic, but because of his body, there is a hint of contradictory ascetic romance in him.

"Go in." Shen Lin said, with a rare gentleness in his low tone, "Anna will come to pick you up in a moment."

Xia Ke felt that Shen Lin was a little weird.

I don't know if it was her imagination, but the man stood in front of her and said the most ordinary words, but because they were not in line with his original character, Xia Ke felt that Shen Lin seemed to have a premonition of something--

He had a premonition of something bad that made him act so abnormally.

However, the relationship between them was not good enough for a heart-to-heart talk. Xia Ke suppressed his uneasiness, thanked Shen Lin and went to change clothes.

When Xia Ke struggled to change into the crimson dress she had finally decided to wear that day, and was struggling with the laces, there was a knock on the door of the dressing room.

"Who?" Xia Ke asked loudly.

"I was arranged by Sister Anna to do your styling and makeup, Miss Xia. Are you dressed? The opening dance will start in two hours, and the time is almost up."

Xia Ke ran over and opened the door, and saw the makeup artist rushing in with all kinds of makeup boxes on her shoulders.

"You..." Before Xia Ke could say a few words, he was pushed aside by the young lady.

"Oh, you haven't put on your clothes yet, hurry up, hurry up, it's going to be too late."

Isn't there still two hours left?

I don't know if she accidentally said her complaint, but the makeup artist heard it, and the other party glanced at her with a look like "You don't understand this."

Xia Ke felt inexplicably that he would be very tired during these two hours.

"Ms. thing."

Xia Ke: Ah this...

Xia Ke: But she doesn't really want to shine in the audience--

Xia Ke was forced to follow the young lady's movements and sit in front of the makeup mirror nearby, receiving her facial massage.

Xia Ke felt exhausted before the banquet even started.

There was also the chattering voice of the young lady beside my ears.

"Miss Wow Xia, your skin is good, your figure is also good, and you have very little hair on your arms, but you still want me to shave it."

"Wow, Miss Xia, you are so beautiful, come on, look up..."

Xia Ke: I seriously doubt that the other party is skilled in using flattery to achieve his own goals.

Unlike Xia Ke, who was tossed around like a doll in the changing room, Shen Lin walked towards the highest-standard rest room.

Butler Xiao Yan, who was talking to other staff at the door, saw him coming, bowed slightly respectfully, and then said: "Mr. Shen, the chairman is already waiting for you inside."

Shen Lin stood there and did not go in immediately. Instead, he looked at the closed door indifferently for a while, and then said calmly: "Where are Shen Ci and mother?"

Housekeeper Xiao Yan said: "Mr. Xiao Shen said that he went to pick up someone. Madam is talking to Mr. Zhao from the Zhao family and will be back soon."

Shen Lin curled his lips. Different from the soft smile that Xia Ke saw just now, this time it was so cold that even the originally indifferent peach blossom eyes seemed to be condensed with ice.

"As expected..." His voice was soft enough, but Butler Yan on the side still heard it.

Butler Xiao Yan's expression remained unchanged, and he still stood aside respectfully.

Before opening the door, Shen Lin thought of Xia Ke's question and his answer.

--"Something has to be done."

So before the point of no return came, he did something he really wanted to do, something that came from his heart and was not something he did under orders from others.

If someone asked Shen Lin what was the most outrageous thing in his not too long life.

There was only one thing, he thought.

That was the time when I lost control next to the hot spring pool filled with hazy mist.

The only time.

I sneered inwardly.

What a boring life, Shen Lin thought lightly.

He pushed open the closed door and walked in.

Chapter 83

Many people have gathered in the banquet hall.

Although the news and cases are like huge stones pressing on everyone's heart, with the soothing music floating in the hall, people gathering in twos and threes, and the various exquisitely designed decorations, people are unaware of the situation. Feel relieved.