Chapter 7 - A new family member?

"Zayn?"

It was Harry's voice. Zayn turned back, his heart skipping a beat. It was Harry.

"Harry!" Zayn left the phone falling on his bed, as he ran to Harry's arms and wrapped his arms around Harry's neck.
Harry almost reflexively wrapped the hands around the smaller body, too.

"Where were you?" Zayn cried on Harry's chest. "You know how much you worried me, you- you TWAT!" And boom! the fragile boy suddenly turned violent as he hit Harry's arm by all his force! "Where the fuck were you gone? Do you think it was okay to disappear so casually? How many times did I call for you? You think- you think it's funny?!" Zayn managed to say between his sobs. "And what about when I started crying? Were you waiting for me to faint by crying to show up? Do you even think before playing such pranks, you idiot?" Harry was also a little scared by the suddenly moody boy.
"I was- " There he tried to shield himself from a flying pillow.
"How many times did I call for you, do you even have a count?!"

"I do! I was just-"

"And YET! you played around!!" Zayn angrily pushed him by his chest.

And all he saw was a small smile on Harry's lips.

"You think it's a joke?" Zayn sniffed.

"It's not..." Harry said.

"Then what the fuck do you even get by fucking testing my patience?"

"I actually-" Harry was again cut-off by a little meow.

They both turned to look down beside the door where a small kitten was looking right at them.
As she saw Harry turn towards her, she ran to his feet and sat by his feet, almost hiding behind him.

"There, I was just talking about you." Harry squatted down to pick her up gently.

"I could smell blood from somewhere. I knew it was not human's blood. It came from somewhere near-by and I knew it. Since you were anyway busy talking with Louis, I decided to go around look for its source and found her. She was laying injured there. I don't know what happened to her, but she looked terrible. I felt bad and decided to take her to a place where there was no-one and heal her there.
And I did that. Now she is healed. Isn't she cute?" Harry told the entire story and Zayn felt a little guilty. Harry wasn't playing a prank on him.

He sighed, "You could smell blood from miles away but couldn't hear my voice?"

"I could, but at the moment she needed me. So, I healed her."

"Great. And now, take her back to wherever she was."

"What?"

"Yeah, what were you thinking? I'm not keeping it, you're enough."

And Harry suddenly looked up, with a 'you didn't just say that' look.

"I'm serious, Haz. Who do you think is going to look after her? I'm at the office most of the time.and pets aren't allowed there. Would you stay at home to look after her? Cuz I won't!"

"But, I wouldn't let anyone know she's there by my magic."

"Are you even serious? No, I'm not taking her to my office."

"But, there's no one to look after her."

"Harry-"
"Please, Zayn! don't abandon me. Please." Harry squeaked, bringing the kitten in front of Zayn.

Zayn wanted to say no, but the cat actually looked so vulnerable. Her eyes... ughh! He didn't want to leave her alone.

"But who's going to look after her?"

"I will. I will." Harry said excitedly.

Zayn sighed, and Harry looked at him with hopeful eyes. Zayn looked at him again and smiled a little, "Fine"

"Yippie! Kitty! Did you just hear him? Now it's your new home!" Harry squealed happily as he swung the kitten around.

Zayn found the sight adorable. He almost forgot how he was crying some time ago. Louis, on the other hand, had ended the call long time smiling to himself from the other end, deciding to not disturb the boys right now.

---
Zayn was reading a book as Harry came to the bed, after creating a comfortable bed for the kitten on the bedroom floor.

Zayn was still reading when he felt a pair of hands wrap around his waist. He looked down and it was Harry pulling him close.

"Okay okay. I'm reading something, Harry."

"And I want to sleep. Come let's sleep." Harry looked up at him with tired eyes.

Zayn decided to close the book too. He was right. It was late anyway, they should sleep. He turned the lamp off and laid back to Harry's embrace.

There was comfortable silence. However it was short-lived when Harry broke it.
"Were you really worried about me?"

Zayn chuckled, "Nope"

"Yeah, that's why you were crying your heart out, Harry! Where are you? Harry! Harry!-" Harry was cut off by Zayn smacking his shoulder.

"Fine. I was worried. You happy now?"

Even in the dark, Zayn could make out Harry's smirk.

"Stop smirking, Mr. Narcissistic genie! Had you not come back within sometime yourself, I wouldn't have let you enter my house again."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

Harry chuckled and pulled Zayn close, "Don't worry, I won't do anything to deserve that."

"You better not." Zayn rested his head on Harry's chest. Yes, he too needed someone's chest to rely upon, sometimes, such as today.

"But would you... now delete those pictures?" Harry asked slowly.

Zayn sighed. Of course, how could he forget, he was with a five-year old, after all who won't let him live in peace.

Thanks for reading. Please vote for the chapters. xx