Chapter 9 USJ (Part 1)

"Oh boy..." - Death

"Hmm, not a bad design." I noted, "It's simple and direct."

Mai practically did a 360 spin in her seat, "I know, right? Y'know, I could've shown you this earlier if you told me that you're working as a fricken guidance counselor!"

I placed the sheet of paper on the desk which displayed Mai's hero costume design she handed in, "However, I have one annoying factor about your design."

"Oh, what's that?" She asked.

I pointed to the paper, "You clearly took too much inspiration from me."

And yes, indeed she did.

The hero costume in particular had my signature black hood that I always wear. Clearly, a direct copy from me. Not only that, but she had the nerve to add my scythe to the picture. Mai just took one look at my appearance and said, 'Yeah, that's me!'

Not only that, but she doesn't know how difficult it is to use a scythe. I get the idea, but I'd rather have her use some sort of dagger or simpler weapon. One other problem, first years aren't allowed to add weapons to their hero costumes. So the whole scythe idea will be tossed out of the window.

Mai looked at the paper before looking back up at her boss, "... I don't see it."

"What?" I gestured to the paper, "Mai! That's literally-" I sighed, "Oh you know what, forget it. You already handed it in, I can't do anything to change it. However..."

I reached into my waist and pulled out a small dagger. It had a skull carved into the bottom end of the grip, and the blade itself was slightly dull but still sharp enough to cut through stuff.

"I'm not risking you accidentally killing anyone out there, nor you getting yourself killed. The scythe is a tool used to harvest, not for fighting," I stated, "You can add this to your arsenal, but don't kill anyone with it. If you do, I'm taking it away, understand?"

Mai looked at the dagger as if it was a gift from God. She nodded sincerely and held her hand up to accept it. But I held it away.

"One more thing." I said, "If you use this dagger as some sort of kitchen knife, I will break, got it?"

________________

Although this was the second time the class saw Mai in her hero costume, it was still impressive to look at.

The fabric of the cloak was coated with the darkest paint that even absorbed any light that shone into it. This technically made Mai invisible if she stood in a dark area at night. Additionally, looking under her hood, you could see two glowing blue eyes that reflected in the dark. It gave off supernatural vibes.

I hand-crafted this one myself since I didn't have a size for Mai, and I'm not scared to say, I'm proud of my work.