Chapter 11 Immoral Body, Immortal Heart

Kevin-thats-it. I just wanna say, not even an hour after I posted the last chapter, you just went in and started SPAMMING those comments faster than Mr. Sonic The Hedgehog. When I went to check my notifications, my mouth literally hit the floor. 48 comments from you! WOW!

"What?!" I grasped my head in shock, I jolted so suddenly that I nearly knocked over the pieces on the chess board, "What do you mean I have to do all of Class 1-A now?!"

"It is not your fault that an entire class now has experienced a very traumatic experience at the USJ," Nezu stated, making his move on the game. "The students have barely gone a week into our school year, and yet, they already faced their first encounter with real villains who threaten to kill them. In other words, they faced almost certain death for the first time."

I fell back into my chair, groaning. "I'm starting to regret my decision."

"Really? I thought you wanted to gain financial income for once so you can actually buy things you really need." He stated.

"Yeah, but on top of the universal role of being Death, I can't physically and mentally handle everything." I explained, I captured his rook and moved my knight in its place, "... Maybe I shouldn't have gotten involved and instead let everything else play out."

"Hm, true. Though that begs the question, why did you help anyways?"

I shrugged, "I dunno, maybe I just wanted to understand what being a mortal feel like."

Nezu nodded, "You know, I actually have a theory as to why myself."

"Really?" I asked.

"Indeed. To explain this easier, I'll start by simplifying it. Before your arrival, you had no knowledge of the time Class 1-A was at the USJ, nor the location of the training facility. So it was easy to guess that you instinctively knew where to go the moment you warped out of your office and into the battle. I went to Amajiki, the one who was in session with you in your office at that time. He said you suddenly looked worried and concerned about something before cutting the session short, and disappearing in a puff of thick black smoke with your scythe in hand."

'Ah yes, the scythe.' I thought. The ugly Nomu thing snapped the thing in half, now I have to go get a new one. I wonder if the nearby shops have any.

After making his next move on the chess board, Nezu continued on, "You wouldn't be able to locate the facility without some sort of connection or signal. Mr. Reaper, you aren't someone who likes to use digital technology that much, so any phone or device is crossed out. Additionally, one of the villains were jamming radio signals, preventing anyone from using any technological devices to contact the campus about the villain attack. This makes it nearly impossible for anyone to call for help without running to the facility instead."

"Right, but one of the students named Iida was able to escape the facility and run all the way to the school to contact the teachers." I said, making my move, "... Although, I did warp directly into the office to quickly inform about the attack. It kinda made him run for nothing."