'Today will be a wonderful day.'

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

'My Dearest Amara,

I extend my sincerest apologies for my absence at your debut and for not being your first dance partner. Alas, I was surrounded by a abundance of nuisances that refused to cease their incessant chatter. Rest assured, my efforts to attend were relentless, but alas, the advancements of technology proved insurmountable, rendering my clones futile against their magical annihilation. However, let it be known that I remain the epitome of strength, and those mere trinkets pale in comparison to my might.

Fear not, my beloved daughter, for once this ordeal is behind us, we shall orchestrate a lavish banquet to celebrate your fifteenth birthday. On that joyous occasion, I shall be honored to share a dance with you, as many times as you desire.

With all my love, Father'

Amarantha folded her father's letter neatly and handed it to Bonnie, her smile radiating warmth as she accepted her grandfather's hand.

"You look absolutely beautiful, so reminiscent of your grandmother and mother, Amara." he remarked, his smile reflecting pride and affection.

"Thank you, grandfather. You look quite handsome yourself." she chuckled softly, the exchange of compliments enhancing the familial bond between them.

As they turned away from each other, their attention was drawn to the grand double doors, which were now in motion to open.

"Now presenting our Debutant, Crown Princess Amarantha Rose De Alger Obelia, escorted by his Highness, Claude De Alger Obelia!" The herald's announcement echoed through the grand hall, capturing the attention of the assembled nobles.

Each step of the duo's descent down the staircase was mesmerizing, evoking the timeless beauty of the previous Emperor and the unmistakable resemblance of the princess to the late Empress. Their regal presence commanded the admiration of all in attendance, casting an aura of opulence and grandeur befitting of their noble lineage.

In an instant, the crowd synchronized, gracefully bowing in unison to greet the two royal figures before them. "Glory and blessings upon the Obelian Empire." they intoned with reverence and admiration, their voices echoing through the exquisitely adorned hall with an air of regal refinement.

Having stood in the middle they began to dance.

Amarantha's dress stood like a sentinel of a bygone era, a whisper of elegance against the unadorned backdrop. It was a masterpiece of fabric and fantasy, a confection of purest white that seemed to be spun from the very clouds that adorned the summer sky.

The bodice, adorned with the most delicate of laces, hugged close to an imagined silhouette, a promise of a genteel embrace. Pearlescent beads were scattered across it with an artisan's precision, catching the light and casting prismatic dances across the ball room. Tiny, pearled buttons trailed down the center like droplets of dew on a spider's silken web.

Sleeves, sheer as a wisp of mist, billowed gently before they cinched at the elbows with satin ribbons, transforming into lace-edged ruffles that graced the wrists with a touch of restrained adornment. Around the neckline, a modest collar of crochet lace stood as a silent testament to the hours that must have been poured into its creation, each loop and knot a note in a symphony of threads.

The skirts, oh the skirts - a tumultuous sea of ruffles and flounces that cascaded in tiers, one upon the other, as if the waves of a frothy ocean had been caught in mid-crash and petrified into cotton. A testament to grandeur, the fabric billowed out in a circle of purest white, trimmed in layers.