Herbs & Necessities Part 3/3.

Start from the beginning

(Note: do not feed to queens during pregnancy, kitting, or close-after, too many can cause addiction and cause severe problems to the queen and the kits.)

RAGWEED.

Description: Is a ragged-leaved plant that looks similar to a fern.

Harvesting: cut near the ground, be mindful not to damage.

Use: strength, and energy.

How to use: consume.

Time of growth: late, late green-leaf throughout leaf-fall.

Location: Commonly found in the mountains among mountain rocks.

RAGWORT.

Description: Tall shrubs with yellow flowers. Leaves are tiny but numerous. Always tastes rotten.

Harvesting: cut near the root, be mindful not to damage.

Use: aching joints, strengthening joints.

How to use: applied into a poultice and applied to joints that are aching or need strengthening.

Time of growth: throughout the year, though best to harvest during mid-green-leaf to late green-leaf.

Location: Found in cool areas that get a lot of rainfall.

RASPBERRY LEAVES.

Description: Looks very similar to a Blackberry (or Bramble) bush, but leaves are soft to the touch with sharp-toothed edges. Has red berries that look exactly like blackberries.

Harvesting: break branches off with leaves and berries.

Use: leaves are given to queens to stop bleeding during kitting, berries can be used to coax prey out.

How to use: consume.

Time of growth: throughout the four seasons, though ideal to harvest during late new-leaf to early green-leaf.

Location: varies.

ROSEMARY.

Description: Tall, needled bush with small, light-purple flowers.

Harvesting: break branches off with flowers.

Use: Put on a deceased cat to hide their scent, especially at burial.

How to use: rub it all over the deceased cat.

Time of growth: Mid-new-leaf throughout late new-leaf; it will sometimes grow in late green-leaf.

Location: Found relatively anywhere that is dry.

(note: it's considered a bad omen when you smell rosemary and there's none near.)

RUSH.

Description: A long, very very thin-leaved plant with dark reddish-purple heads on its stalks.

Harvesting: cut near the root, be mindful not to damage.

Use: Hard stalks are used to bind broken bones.

How to use: press hard stalks against the sides of a broken leg, then wrap them with a leg using a cobweb.

Time of growth: mid-green-leaf to early leaf-fall.

Location: Grows in soils that don't seem to grow anything else.

SAFFRON.