Herbs & Necessities Part 2/3.

Start from the beginning

How to use: Can be mixed to be a tonic or made into a poultice for the cat to consume.

Time of growth: early new-leaf to early green-leaf.

Location: hot, humid conditions and rich soil with lots of nutrients.

GOATWEED.

Description: Leaves, are oval, but broader at the base. Both young stems and leaves are covered with fine white hairs.

Harvesting: cut near the root, be mindful not to damage.

Use: anxiety, grief, and increases dopamine.

How to use: consume.

Time of growth: new-leaf.

Location: found in damp areas (Shadowclan's swamp may have an abundance).

(advised to administer to grieving ones only if their mental state begins to wither and another variable is needed to open them more. Ask permission from them or their leader, deputy, or mediator too.)

GOLDENROD.

Description: Is a tall plant with clumps of bright, tiny yellow flowers and narrow, pointy leaves.

Harvesting: 

Use: wounds.

How to use: chewed into a poultice and applied to wounds.

Time of growth: mid green-leaf.

Location: Grows on moors, However is rarely found in forests or mountainsides.

GOOSEGRASS.

Description: Goosegrass forms a pale green matlike clump with flattened stems that grows in a low rosette. Stems are somewhat fleshy at the base, and the leaf blades are nearly hairless, except for long hairs on the blade bases, collars, and/or upper sheath margins.

Harvesting: cut near stem or cut down near root.

Use: helps to stop bleeding.

How to use: either crush up a dried stored plant and pat onto the wound to starch the bleeding, or crush it into a poultice.

Time of growth: late new-leaf, green-leaf, and early leaf-fall.

Location: grassy, wet dirt, warm weather. (Parts of RiverClan?)

HAWKWEED.

Description: red, fire looking flower.

Harvesting: cut near roots, be mindful not to damage.

Use: greencough.

How to use: unknown.

Time of growth: throughout green-leaf.

Location: unknown.

HAWTHORNE.

Description: a common thorny shrub in the rose family that grows up to three times a cats size. They grow in small white, red, or pink clusters. Small berries, called haws, sprout after the flowers.

Harvesting: Cut near stem or root.

Use: Treats heartburn and indigestion.

How to use: have the cat eat berries in small portions as needed.

Time of growth: late leaf-bare through new-leaf.

Location: hillsides and sunny wooded areas throughout the territories.