As both teenagers were taking the unconscious receptionist towards the church while avoiding some undead beings, all the civilians were still struggling on surviving against the enemy. The majority of the adventurers were still in the fight, some were fleeing, and the very few met their ends. It seemed all hope was lost, but at this moment, Verdia and Sonic were passing across the streets of the city, beginning to clash their attacks.

--

--

Verdia: Galloping with his zombie horse, "your speed is indeed impressive, but it shall be futile against me," making his hand glow with dark flames.

Sonic: "We'll see about that," accelerating towards the knight.

The knight raised his hand and covered it with some dark flames before burning out all the path he was passing by. The hedgehog didn't stop but rather jumped into a building through a window. He landed and saw how a mother and her child were trying to hide under a table.

Sonic: "Sorry for the window, but I have to run!" Leaving the room in an instance.

Kid #2: "What a strange cat?" Looking at her mother while pointing at the doorway.

Woman #1: "I'm not sure it is a cat," confused about what was happening and then saw the blue blur returned.

Sonic: "You know what. Better come with me," carrying both of them.

The reason for his return was the building was now under fire, starting to be torn apart. The hedgehog quickly began to take out all the people from there, which fortunately, the only ones were the mother and her child, making things easier. After leaving them at a secure place, he returned to his chase over his opponent, and with reaching the top of the roofs, he made his way until reaching the main entrance where he was able to be in front of the knight.

Sonic: Jumping towards him, "HAH!" Kicking multiple times at the knight before jumping back.

Verdia: Falling off from his horse, "it has been a long time since someone managed to throw me out of my horse," getting up and unsheathing his sword.

Sonic: "What can I say? I'm an expert on making things harder for people like you," preparing again to attack.

Verdia: "And such a trait will bring your doom," throwing his head to the sky.

Once the head reached a great altitude, it created an illusion of a fire eye, watching the battlefield. Verdia then went to strike his sword on his opponent but ended up crashing the floor as Sonic quickly dodged it, but before the hedgehog could attack him, he managed to counter attack. Every time the blue blur was about to deliver a speed attack, it was blocked or partially counter-attacked, and now he was pushed away.

Sonic: Doing a kip-up, "ah, he became a little tougher. He's now able to foresee my moves," looking at the sky to see the flying head, "but we'll see if he can keep up with the pace," turning into a ball and spinning in his place at great speed.

Verdia: "What is he up to now?" Preparing to counter-attack him.

Once having his charge, Sonic spinned towards the knight at great speed, and Verdia blocked his attack. However, the hedgehog bounced with the wall and the sword of the knight, and kept doing this action with the environment and his opponent, raising some confusion on him as the dust was covering the area.