Eventually, they seemingly outran him and they took shelter behind a large crate.

Their breaths huffed and mixed in the gloomy air as they remained silent to ensure attention wasn't drawn to them.

Natasha slowly began to rise up from her crouched position, gesturing a hand out behind her towards the girl as a way to tell her to stay down.

She slowly peered around the corner of the crate—

RAWR!

The Hulk screamed right in her face, his hot breath and saliva assaulting her nostrils and the sound shook the entire floor.

Swiftly, she whipped out her gun and fired it up at an air tank right underneath his head.

Grey air goes whipping into his face and she took this as the opportunity to grab Cosima and force her to start running again.

They hop down several steps on the exit staircase as a very angry green monster was right on their tail.

Cosima sprinted with everything inside of her through a runway-like glass hallway, and she could feel Natasha's footsteps inches behind her own which pushed her to keep it moving.

The Hulk tears apart the glass runway and shards of glass come barreling onto them, landing in their hair.

They managed to make it to the end of the now destroyed hall and the air was knocked out of their lungs when their bodies were thrown in Hulk's wrath.

Cosima landed a few feet away from Natasha, knocking into a metal pillar and landing on her already bruised ribs.

She quickly whirred her head up to get an eye on her friend, who the Hulk was hovering right above.

The green creature raised his fist up and was about to give the redhead the finishing blow, until a blonde figure goes soaring straight into him — effectively getting him away from the women.

Natasha slumped against the crate behind her in relief before she gingerly crawled over to Cosima whom was frozen in place.

"You're okay." she panted reassuringly, out of breath as she gently grabbed her arm to pull her upright. "We're alright."

Without even a second thought, she brought the younger trembling girl into her arms, which she was sure were shaky as well.

They sat there for several beats, simply catching their breaths and trying to wrap their minds around what had just occurred.

That was until a crackle in their earpieces bursted their bubble.

"It's Barton." Fury spoke, clearly on the end of another conversation. "He took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?

"This is Agent Romanoff." she said determinedly. "I copy."

"No, no." she said in a panicky tone, lifting her head to look at her with wide eyes. 

"It's okay." she reassured with hands on either side of her grimy face.

"What if he comes back?" she worriedly stated.