𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖

Start from the beginning

The resident's eyes widened in surprise as he studied the picture of Pierce, shaking his head adamantly, "No, I've never seen him around here. Is everything okay?"

Asher let out a frustrated sigh, running a hand through his hair in exasperation. "We're looking for these two men in connection with a serious matter. If you do happen to see them, please contact the authorities immediately."

The resident nodded solemnly, understanding the gravity of the situation. "I'll definitely keep an eye out for them. I hope you find who you're looking for."

With a grateful nod, Asher and the officers moved on to the next house, resuming their search. 

At the next few houses, Asher and the officers repeated the same lines, showing pictures of Damian and Pierce to each resident, asking if they had seen them in the neighborhood. But just like before, they received the same answers - no one had seen either of the men they were looking for.

Despite the mounting frustration and the lack of leads, Asher refused to give up. He knew the importance of finding Damian and stopping Pierce before they could cause any more harm. The determination in his eyes did not waver, his resolve stronger than ever as they moved from house to house, tirelessly searching for any sign that could lead them in the right direction.

With each rejection, each closed door, Asher's frustration grew, but so did his determination. The sun continued its ascent in the sky, casting a golden hue over the neighborhood as they pressed on, refusing to let the setbacks deter them.

As they reached the end of the street, Asher took a moment to regroup with the officers, a steely determination in his eyes. "We may not have found any leads here, but we're not giving up. We'll keep searching, keep asking questions, until we find them. We owe it to Damian to bring him home safe."

With a renewed sense of purpose, they moved on to the next street.

Asher and the officers repeated their routine, showing pictures of Damian and Pierce to the residents and inquiring if they had seen either of them around. Most of the responses were the same - a shake of the head and a simple "no".

But as they reached one particular house, the man inside hesitated when he saw the picture of Pierce. Asher's instincts immediately kicked in, sensing that something was off. He pressed the man further, his voice firm as he asked, "Have you seen this man around here? You've gotta tell us, he's fucking kidnapper."

The man shifted uncomfortably before finally breaking his silence. "I've seen him. He recently moved in two houses away to the left. But he... he threatened us. Told us to pretend like we never saw him, or else he'd do something horrible. He's dangerous."

Asher's heart raced as he processed the information, realizing the gravity of the situation. "Did you notice anything suspicious or unusual about him? Anything that could help us find him?"

The man's voice dropped to a whisper as he revealed, "Late last night, I could hear the sound of car doors closing and a front door slamming shut loudly coming from the direction of his house. It didn't sound right. It was unsettling."

Asher's jaw clenched as he processed the new information, a sense of urgency pulsing through him. "Thank you for telling me this. It's crucial information. We need to act fast."

With a new lead in hand, Asher and the officers wasted no time, moving swiftly towards Pierce's house, their resolve stronger than ever. The truth was within reach, and they were determined to uncover it, no matter the risks involved.

---

As the sun continued to shine brightly outside, Damian remained fast asleep, his body exhausted from the ordeal he had been through. The ropes that bound his hands and feet held him in place, constricting his movements. His face was stained with tears, evidence of the fear and helplessness he had experienced during his captivity.