The Past

From week one, turning into two.

Celine looked at the boy who was now filled with anger, knowing that there was nothing she could do about it, but as the days passed, the more it reminded her of the past in Paris.

6 MONTHS AGO

Celine sat and scribbled something on a piece of paper, editing every letter. She reads to make sure that the content she writes is organized correctly? Nearby on the table was an envelope with a picture of a young man making love, addressing the envelope to her.

Celine knew who had sent it and she knew that good management wasn't about panicking. Anger is well controlled. She was putting it all down on this piece of paper.She folded out all the pieces of paper she had written on before opening the drawer to take out a document envelope and written down 'New episode from the night writer'

A triumphant smile appeared at the corner of her mouth. She put her finger on the table, playfully climbing it up to the picture of her brother that was secretly taken before slowly tearing it into small pieces. Her eyes stared at the lamp, expressionless face.

There is no going back.

Celine's face turned sharply at the force of the slap from the school newspaper. The paper cut her face slightly, but Celine turned around and looked at the girl who hit her with a proud smile.

"Do you like the new chapter, Eloise?"

"How dare you?!" Eloise screamed, ready to slap again, "You put my name on your dirty stories!"

Celine chuckle, "Thought you are my number one fan,"

Eloise looked at the person in front of her in disbelief. Her eyes blurred as tears began to flow.

"You bite, I bite harder,"

Celine concluded by bending over to pick up a newspaper on the floor and giving it to the person who had used it to slap her in the face.

"Don't forget to cut it and put it in your collection,"

Eloise grabbed Celine's wrist tightly Staring intently into her pitch black eyes. "You think this could help your brother,"

"You think I don't make guarantees for that?" Celine grin, "Look at the 25th paragraph, enjoy reading your sex stories, Eloise. Thanking me every time you see it, for making your dream come true.

And one week later, Celine got into disciplinary hearing, and was expelled alongside her brother, and Eloise.

PRESENT

Classes over, unexpected rain arrived in December. Celine doesn't have an umbrella with her, so she walked carelessly through her way home.

The road is wet, the draining of water flowing like a river, some dried leaves were stuck on the drain, stopping the water from flowing in.

Her clothes were soaked with rain water, but suddenly no drop of water fell on her. Celine looked up and saw a red umbrella shielding her from the rain. Her eyes shifted to see the person holding the stand looking at her with eyes that were hard to read.

"Descamps?" Celine called out his name that she hasn't said for a while.

Descamps panted, looking at Celine, "Why are you walking in the rain?"

"Because I'm heading home?"

"How are you?"

"I've been busy," Celine answered truthfully, noticing his awkwardness across his face, "Are you finally getting over with your unfinished revenge,"

"My what?"

Celine smiled, taking the umbrella, "Weren't you avoiding me because your nemesis is back in town?"

Descamps nodded, letting out a sigh, "I admit I wanted to see things ended badly, but I also needed to clear my head, so-"

"So you take your time, doing that," Celine finished his sentence, "Are you here to apologize? If so, don't do it,"

"Why not?"

"I don't deserve it," Celine simply replied. She doesn't care if it creates doubt or not. She returned the umbrella back to its owner before walking away from it and letting the rain fall down on her.