The Last Wish

"River, meet my daughter, Mabel", Mrs.Richards introduces Mabel to River,
"Sweetie, this is River Marlow,  CEO of the 'Marlow Guns n Co. ' ,the military gets their weapons from his company. His father and I studied business together at Hartford".

"Pleasure meeting you ,Ms.Richards ", Marlow kisses Mabel's hands.
"You too,River"

They stare at eachother for a while. The spark in their eyes, anyone could make out they were attracted to eachother.

River Marlow, muscular built,tattooed right arm,all black tux,sleek hair, and dreamy blur eyes was obviously attracted to the hazel eyes Mabel.

"So Ms.Richards, what project are you currently working on? I have heard there are too many brands of ours, haha", River makes fun of it in a respectful way.

"We are actually concentrating on clothing right now. We are designing the sleek bodycons and the satin dresses which are trending ",Mabel replies.

"River,why don't you come with me. I'll introduce you to my wife",says Ivan.

"Yes sir",River says,"Well, it was nice meeting you Ms.Richards, we'll keep in touch," and hugs Mabel.

"Nice meeting you too,Mr.Marlow,"says Mabel,rubbing his back.

They break the hug and stare at eachother for a while and Ivan notices and chuckles.
"Shall we? if you're done?"

Both chuckle and say goodbye to eachother with their eyes.

After River leaves,Mabel turns back and catches Noah staring at her.

When Noah realises that Mabel noticed, he turns around and leaves.
Mabel frowns to herself thinking "tf,bruh"

time lapse ~

"Well who do we have here?",Mabel goes to the rooftop with the wine,half drunk.

Wiping her eyes,"Hello,Mabel",she replies.

"G-Gabriella?"

"Mabel"

"Are you crying?"

Wipes tears.

"YOU ARE,WHAT HAPPENED?!"

She started crying.

"Hush",Mabel keeps her wine aside and hugs Gabriella,"What's wrong?"

"I was wrong about everything. Everyone misunderstood me. I am not that kinda person Mabel. It was a mistake, i wasn't in my right senses. I loved him so much and I wasn't in a state to explain and he wasn't in a right state to listen to me",says Gabriella.

"Who's "he"?"

"Noah"

"Noah? what about him? what happened now?"

"I didn't he'd move on from me this quick. I know it's been an year since we're not together but i still love him, Mabel. I want him back."

The last line somehow made a dent in your heart and you could feel it.
"You can talk to him",you said coldly.

"I guess it's too late,he's with Rosalia"

Rosalia?Mabel asks for herself. Parkinson is with Rosalia?

"Do you want me to talk?"

"She can speak for herself ,I guess?",came a voice from behind.

Mabel turns and raise her brows, "Parkinson?"

"Gabs, I know I hurt you. I believed the media blindly. Even though we were together for 3 years i couldn't believe when this news came out. It was too much for me to process. I'm sorry,Gabriella",he says.