Chapter 2

Lydia shifted her heels from one hand to the other as she topped another low hill... finally the town came fully into view and the desire to scream rose up in her again as the aching presence of death reached out to her banchee.

A large cheerful sign declared Welcome to Amity Park. The buildings blazed with lights in sharp contrast to the empty streets.

"There has to be someone in this town still alive." she murmered as thoughts of Ghost Riders flooded her mind. Lydia followed the main street until she reached a park. She sank onto a bench with a long sigh and rubbed her feet absently. A small noise drew her attention to what she had first thought was a trash can.

"Someone built an R2D2 robot?" she mused thinking of Stiles as the little machine rolled anxiously toward her bleeping in tones she could have sworn were excited. "Well if someone built you, there has to be people around, right?" the thing burbled at her encouragingly. "Right. I suppose that means I need to get up.."

"Dreetdodroo" the robot almost sounded unsure.

"Great I'm having a conversation with someone's geek bot." Lydia sighed, leaning further onto the bench and bringing an arm up to cover her eyes. She groaned slightly before starting to stand, then startled back at the sight of a young woman about her same age running her direction. In a long pinkcalico dress and a bonnet, the girl looked like she was dressed for halloween or maybe the town's pioneer days. The distress on her face was clear in the steet lights and she didn't appear to see either Lydia or the geek bot.

"Wait! Sto-" Lydia started just as the young woman stumbled over the robot and fell to the ground.

"Oh! Thank goodness another civilized person." She gasped turning vaguely in Lydia's direction... "I just had the most disturbing experiance... I ran into a man dressed in bear skin head to toe."

"Right." Lydia glanced around quickly and spotted a large figure covered in fur stepping into the open park. "Do you mean him?"

"I'm not certain... I'm blind you see and... and quite alone here in this strange place."

"Well if it helps I think you found my little friend here's owner. One of them at least."

********************

From his hiding spot behind a stack of small crates Stiles peaked out to observe the other people in the warehouse. Suddenly he found himself blinking as someone apparently located the lights.

"Good! The lights are working! Now what the h*** is going on?!" the middle aged man exclaimed. Stiles jaw dropped in recognition.

"Is that Robert Downey Jr?" he muttered... "In costume?"

"Mr Stark?!" the boy in the spiderman costume cried.

"Tony?" the woman's voice wobbled.

"I've stumbled into the set of the next Marvel movie." Stiles concluded.

"Hey Pep..."

"Daddy?" the little girl behind the lady cried uncertainly.

"or not..." Stiles tore his eyes away from the tearful scene awkwardly... just in time to see the two Norwegians? tugging on was that Loki's? ears and shouting enthusiastically.

"En haus eryun Hiksti ... haus eyrun!!!" they cried into the corner where a third boy dressed like them was wrestling with the axolotl.

"Tannlaus sefmikk ac apcr, bu onyta skriddyrid pitt." the other boy said yanking a metal object form the beast's mouth "Ok Ruff, Tuff lattu sodinn i fidi adur pu fa oss kursed!"