23

As the morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, Lisa stirred awake, her thoughts heavy with the events of the past day. She glanced at the empty space beside her, the absence of Jennie weighing on her heart.

It's been a few days now since they fought, and It's now Saturday. Lisa noticed that Jennie and IU become more closer since then and it really broke her heart, but she chose to just let Jennie, to avoid another argument.

Lisa was glad that Chaeyoung, Jisoo, and Taehyung was always there to cheer her up. Especially Taehyung, who always bought her favorite snacks that obviously cheered her up. He's even the one who's buying her cravings since her girlfriend is always busy as she said.

With a sigh, Lisa decided to take matters into her own hands. She rose from the bed, determined to ask Jennie if she wanted to accompany her on her monthly appointment despite the growing distance between them.

Making her way to Jennie's office inside their house, she found her engrossed in her work that her dad might sent her, typing away at her computer.

"Jennie, can we talk?" Lisa asked, her voice tinged with apprehension.

Jennie looked up, a flicker of surprise crossing her features at the unexpected request. "Sure, what's up?"

"I wanted to ask if you could come with me to our baby's monthly check-up today. It's important, and I'd really like your support," Lisa explained, her eyes searching Jennie's for any sign of hesitation.

Jennie's brow furrowed slightly, her mind racing as she scrambled for an excuse. "I... I wish I could, Lisa, but I have some errands to run today. Can't you go with Chaeyoung or Jisoo instead?"

Lisa's heart sank at Jennie's response, a pang of disappointment coursing through her. "Okay, I understand," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

Did she already forgot that they are still not aware of what's happening and that I'm pregnant? Lisa asked herself and.

With a heavy heart, Lisa turned to leave, her steps heavy with the weight of their strained relationship. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss, that Jennie was pulling away from her.

As Lisa left the room, Jennie's gaze lingered on her retreating figure, a mixture of guilt and longing swirling within her. She knew she was lying to Lisa, but the thought of facing the truth was too daunting. Instead, she pushed aside her doubts, determined to carry on with her plans for the day.

Lisa decided to just go alone, since Chaeyoung and Jisoo isn't even aware yet that she's pregnant.

As Lisa prepared to leave for her baby's monthly check-up, a knock sounded at the door, drawing her attention. She opened it to find Taehyung standing there, a determined look in his eyes.

"Hey, Lisa. Uh Jisoo told me that you're going somewhere alone, and I guess you're going to your monthly check-up? If you want, I can come with you to the clinic," Taehyung offered, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Lisa's initial surprise quickly gave way to gratitude. "Thank you, Taehyung. I'd really appreciate that," she replied, touched by his thoughtfulness.

Together, they made their way to the clinic, the journey filled with a mix of anticipation and nervousness. Lisa couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled over her since her disagreement with Jennie. She found solace in Taehyung's presence, grateful for his unwavering support.

Arriving at the clinic, they were greeted by the familiar sights and sounds of the bustling waiting room. Lisa checked in at the front desk while Taehyung waited by her side, offering a reassuring smile.