Chapter 5 - I challenge you to a dance off

Start from the beginning

His right hand reached up to touch my thigh, and continued to rise higher and higher like mercury in a thermometer on a hot summer's day in Phoenix. I placed my hands on his shoulders, and lifted my right knee onto his lap so that I was practically straddling him, simultaneously opening my legs to welcome his wandering fingers. When his hand reached the lace of my panties, I worried, momentarily, that he would be deterred by the accumulated moisture in my crotch.

To the contrary, the proof of my arousal spurred him on, as he deftly moved the lace of my panties to the side, plunging two fingers greedily into my went cunt. I moaned, ecstatically, and pulled his face close to mine, pursing my lips in anticipation of feeling his kiss upon me and was startled when he barked loudly... and then barked again.

"FUCK!!! Max!! You've got to be kidding me?! You seriously didn't just wake me up in the middle of that fucking dream? Do you realize what he was about to do to me? Do you know how close Mommy was to the best finger fucking dream EVER? It was a burlesque club, Max. Burlesque!! You are the worst dog in the history of dogs! I hate you."

"WOOF!" Max said, evidently not giving two shits about having discovered me inflagrante delicto in a club - burlesque or otherwise. He paced the room once, walked over to the door, and alternately panted, whimpered and barked until I pushed my legs over the side of the bed and got up.

"Seriously, Max. You are not my friend today." I walked to the bathroom, looked at myself in the mirror, laughed at my ridiculous, unequivocally dissatisfied appearance, quickly peed and removed my mouth guard, then ambled past the kitchen to the side door to let Max out.

I was definitely going to need to get a doggy door if I kept having these dreams, and Max kept waking me up from them.

Remembering that there was essentially nothing to eat or drink in my apartment, and certainly no coffee, I went back to my bedroom, changed into some loose fitting pants and a t-shirt, and tied my hair up into a bun, not minding at all that it looked rather rakishly slept-in. I dropped some kibble in Max's bowl, adding some Zuke's to the top, mostly out of habit than any real desire to give him a treat, and headed out to Root's café for some breakfast.

An hour later, tummy sated, neurons caffeinated, and check paid, I picked up my phone to text Zack.

Hey hotness, we still on for dancing today? I'm back working days for the next couple of weeks, but I'm free now, so I'm coming over... Your ass had better be out of bed when I get there!!

I put my phone back in my purse, knowing that it would probably be an hour before Zack got my text.

An early riser, he was not.

I got back into my car and headed over to his place. If we didn't have plans, we were about to, because I needed to burn off some of the sexual tension that had been brewing in me since morning, and Zack was the best way to do it.

We had met two years earlier, soon after I had moved to Salt Lake City. His boyfriend at the time had been a patient of mine, and had come in to clinic for asthma and heartburn. Zack had accompanied him to the appointment, and had commented on the bedazzled, rainbow flag key chain I wore on my stethoscope.

I told him that LGBTQ medicine was a particular interest of mine, and I wanted all of my patients - gay, straight or otherwise - to know it, hence the rainbow keychain. Also, I confided, it served as a useful shiny object to distract babies and toddlers when listening to their hearts and lungs. We got to talking, and I must have mentioned that I was interested in dancing, because he said that he taught ballroom, Zumba, hip hop and a Latin fusion class at a dance studio called BailaFitness in Sugar House, and that I should come check it out.