Empowerment

There is a kind of pain you can't take empowerment out of - at least I can't, in this case. And that is the pain of emptiness. Of the void.

You lose your sense of self, so who, exactly, should get to feel empowered by the end of it? You grow from pain because it builds an armor around you: you hurt, you bleed, then get a scar, and suddenly you're stronger. But that doesn't apply when the pain comes from something that's lacking, cause it's origin is not superficial. And even though someone else might have caused it (the feeling of emptiness), that's your void and hits you from the inside out. It's so deep in your being that you can't bare to take it out - cause you, yourself, would be ripped off along with it. In the analogy, you would bleed to death.

So what to do with a harm you cannot avoid, but also can't seen to end? What on earth could you possibly do for it to cease? How would you heal from something so fundamental as the pillars that hold a construction together? How would you fix a broken base, without letting the entirety of the upper parts fall down?

This is not an optimistic poem. I do not have the answer for these questions.

My hope is only that someone, if they do connect with all of this written chaos, find confort on knowing they're not the only one. I hope we find a way to fill the gaps, and if not with what was initially intended or needed, with something new.