Chapter 3

- Midoriya's POV -

First day of a new school. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, I've done this too many times to feel much of anything about starting out somewhere new. Only this time I can't do my usual, find the group that looks the most interesting and befriend them, then never come back. 

This time I have to avoid anyone that looks even remotely interesting. No colourful hair. No face piercings. No dress code violations and especially no tattoos. It's a whole new ball game, I don't even know how to act around these people.

Only six months. Not even a full year. I just need to finish senior year with half decent grades and no bullshit. I'm almost 19 fucking years old I can do this, for mom. It's not even that big of an ask. 

The sun is beating down on the school, the parking lot filled with all kinds of cars -mostly shitty ones but some quite impressive for high school. Definitely some rich kids here, gotta steer clear of them too, you'd be surprised how much weird shit the rich 'prim and proper' kids get into. 

A flash of red passes my peripheral. Of course he fucking goes here. I pull my hoodie over my hair, the green is a little obvious. I probably should have dyed it something more natural before starting. I watch Kirishima as he walks up to a familiar looking guy with mid-length black hair. Shit, it's the relentless flirt who caught me smoking, of course they're friends. 

Where there's smoke there's fire. No doubt there's a whole group of hot guys with perfectly placed piercings. I manage to weave away from them smoothly and make it to the office. Not much of an orientation, the receptionist just handed me a key with a number engraved on it and a schedule. She probably knows my record and thinks there is no point in a real induction since I won't be here long.

I'll find my locker later, I doubt I have much time to find my class before it starts. I eye the schedule first class is in room 202. I'm assuming that's on the second floor. Wait, where are the stairs?

"You look lost." A girl with short brown hair grabs my attention.

She's got an eyebrow piercing paired with heavy pink eyeshadow and eyeliner so big she could take flight. Her skirt is definitely too short, black and red plaid with patterned fishnets, high socks and platform shoes. Her top is basically a bra which is slightly hidden by a hoodie that's at least 3 sizes too big for her. On her thigh she's got a small shitty stick and poke tattoo which is just a crooked smiley face, pretty basic. Piercings, tattoos, and multiple dress code violations. Do not engage. 

But I am lost.

"Uh yeah, where are the stairs?" 

"Damn, you really are lost little lamb." She laughs. "Who've you got?" 

"Uh- Aizawa?" 

"Oof good luck with that." She points to a pair of double doors down the hall. "Stairs are through those doors, to the left and through a big red door, can't miss it." 

"Thanks." I sigh, at least I won't be late on my first day.

"Uraraka." She says matter-of-fact like and looks at me expectantly. 

"Midoriya." I give a tight nod which she takes as a hint that I need to go and turns to talk to the receptionist.

I make it to the class just in time. The teacher hands me a textbook and after giving me a once over reprimands me for showing up without a notebook and pen. Damn, I totally spaced, been a while since I've actually been to class. I take one of the empty seats by the window and try to listen to what he drones on about for the next hour but it's all gibberish. I'm going to need a miracle to get passing grades this far into senior year.