Daddy Issues

Sorry this took so long to get out :(

this was requested by @imsocoolyoucantseeme 

-----

Kristals POV

I've been feeling particularly sad today, and I really don't know exactly why. The challenge went smoothly, Derek wasn't an asshole (not too much anyways), and the weather was nice. So why should I be sad?

Once i get to my bed, or makeshift bed i guess, i decide to become one of them damn screenagers and scroll on my phone. And that's when it see it...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MR. MCLEAN, THE HOST OF ONE OF THE BEST REALITY SHOWS OUT THERE!!!

Oh... so that's why i'm droopy today.

I sit up out of my bed and go to get a drink and try to forget about this. Out there, i see Marcus and Derek.

"Hey Kristal, you okay?" Marcus asks, definitely noticing the saddened look on my face.

"Yeah, i'm fine. Just kind of bummed out about something." I reply.

"Dad's birthday?" Derek asks me.

"You knew?"

"I saw the alert this morning. Didn't really want to be reminded of him, but here we are." Derek says, crossing his arms.

"wait, you guys are siblings?" Marcus asks us, with a probably confused and surprised expression on his face, can't really tell because of the sunglasses and the beard.

"Yep." Derek and I both say in sync.

"Wow... I don't know how I didn't realize sooner. You guys do look pretty similar. Why's your dad's birthday bumming you out?"

"When we were younger, him, Derek, and I would always go to his favorite ice cream shop which was over an hour away from our house on his birthday. Then we'd play at the nearby park and explore the woods." I reply.

"Then when he started doing reality TV and those boy bands, he stopped since he was apparently too busy. Sometimes he'd take us out for ice cream, but it wasn't the same." Derek follows up.

"Yeah. Now every time i notice it's his birthday, i feel sad since we can't do that anymore..." I say.

"I'm sorry for that. If you guys want, i can take you both to get some ice cream. It won't be the same, but it might make you feel a little bit better." Marcus says. Derek and I's faces light up at the mention of ice cream.

"Sure!" Derek says in excitement.

"Count me in too. Thanks Marcus, you really don't have to do this." I say.

"Of course I do. I can't stand seeing anyone sad around here. Now you kids get in the bus, i'll go tell the others we're going on a little trip."

Derek gives a thumbs up, and we walk to the bus.

"Never thought i'd say this, but you made a good choice hiring that bus driver guy." Derek says to me.

"I know I did, you don't have to tell me." I say, jokingly smug.

He playfully nudged me. "Oh, be quiet. Race you to the bus!" He takes off running, but i quickly catch up and almost beat him. Though he ends up winning by about a foot. "I win!"

"Yeah, by like 2 centimeters!" I say. He rolls his eyes jokingly. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say sis."

--------------------

sillysillysilllysillysillyyippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

anyways there's that! 

ima go animate something cuz i'm boreded 

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee