Bonus Chapter Illia ~ A Thief's End

Comincia dall'inizio

As she reached the rope's apex she began to fall and like a pendulum she was sent careening towards the stage, towards her target. She used her cloak to wrap the knife up as she flew past then she kicked off the pedestal and spun herself before launching the second rope upwards and hooking it on the chandeliers. The staff and nobleman were so busy selling the current item that it took them till now to notice her.

She was now suspending herself mid air between two ropes, and the world caught up to her, the nobleman realized what was happening and cast a fire spell at her. Lilly was straining as she held both ropes in her left hand and put the knife into her bag. As the fire ball came at her she moved to holding both ropes in separate hands and yanked on the chandelier as hard as possible.

There was a cracking sound and time seemed to slow as the chandelier came crashing down, colliding with the fireball and creating a smoke screen as Lilly let go. Having released one rope the second yanked her back and allowed her to swing back over the crowd using her two hands to climb back up. As she reached the rafters she retrieved her rope and broke into a run, using the agility of her race she scampered along the beams and rafters before slipping onto the balcony. The moon greeted the thief along with the sounds of angry shouts and panicked bystanders as she pushed open a window. A breeze blew through her hair as she stepped out onto the roof. The light of the Moon revealed a smile on her face as she slid down the slanted roof and leaped off into a tree.

Next to the auction house was square with flower beds and a tree in the middle, it was dark and only lit by the silvery moonlight dripping through the branches.

Lilly leaned against the trunk as she reached into her bag and pulled out her cloak. She wrapped it around herself, watching from up high as the guards search the area around her, none looked up, they were searching for traces of her continued escape. Not the leisure spot that she'd chosen to rest after her heist. Lilly was only twelve years old when she stole an item worth over a hundred thousand gold coins. And she would sell that same item for a measly five hundred, such is life. But what she didn't know was that this was no ordinary auction and she'd stolen from a man who would change the course of her life.

The sun blazed hotly as cheers rang out, a stadium filled with people was roaring with excitement as the sounds of swords clashing could be heard. Dust kicked up like smoke as a figure lunged through it. A boy, about eight years old with red ish orange messy hair and blazing golden eyes, his fox tail lashed side to side and his armor was cracked as he swung his sword at a what appeared to be a sabertoothed cat.

They were both covered in blood, the boy leaped over the felines bite and stabbed his sword into it's back. Wrapping his arms around it's neck he wrestled with it as it threw itself to the ground to try and get him off.

His claws came out as he gouged out it's throat, a smile adorned his young lips as he wiped the sweat from his forehead and painted it red. He stood up from his opponents corpse as the cheers rose.

Lilly sighed as she watched her brother, she felt so much worry notted into her stomach, she fiddled with the knife in her possession as she watched him walk out of the pit.

It seemed like forever but soon enough he reached her, sitting down beside her, he'd cleaned up. Lilly looked him up and down and he noticed.

"Lilly, come on, we're not gonna talk about this again. I got this, I won't get hurt or killed. Besides we need the money." He assured her, she nodded.

"Yeah, I know. I just wish you didn't have to fight these bloody battles." Lilly replied, she slipped the knife into her bag.

"It's ok, I gotta do something to. It's just us right. Family needs to stick together." He wrapped his arm around her as he laughed. I just want it to stay like this, no bloody battles, no nightly thieving. Just me and you being family.