VALENTINES DAY SPECIAL

"Yeosin!", Hyeongjun roars from the bottom of the stairs, "your boyfriend's here!".

"Comin!", I shout back as I grab a few things and shove them in my pocket, then rushing out the door and down the stairs where I saw Jooyeon. I smile widely as I leap onto him while he hugged me tight.

"God, I hate couples.", Hyeongjun sighs as he waves us off while walkin to the livingroom where his game was paused, "bring her back before 7, we have a family dinner to get to."

"Bye, Jun.", I say as I put my shoes on, then skipping out the front door.

It was Valentine's day, and Jooyeon had texted me yesterday that he had something special planned for us, which is both exciting yet scary since I have no idea what kind of plans he had. It could be anything, really, since we're talking about Jooyeon.

Although we're labelled as boyfriend and girlfriend, we don't act like it at all. We still act like best friends. Yeah there are some kisses and cuddles here and there, but those are quite rare between us.
Sometimes when we tell people we're actually a couple, they're shocked. They either thought we were siblings or really close friends.

Don't worry though, we did exchange 'I love you's to each other. And that was a bit on an event..
I was the first one to say it, and when Jooyeon finnaly processed it in his head, he ran around his house while screaming his head off. He did eventually say it back after that screaming session.

"Is the place far?", I ask as we both intertwine our fingers together, him keeping a tight grip on my hands. Jooyeon shakes his head as he looks at me with a smile.

"It's pretty close, so don't worry.", he says as we safely cross the road after the pedestrian light had turned green.

While we were walking through the street, I saw a bunch of couples, and each of them had flowers and gifts. They all had smiles on their faces, giving small kisses to their lovers and other romantic stuff.
Shops were also decorated with pink and red Valentine's day decoration, and it made the whole street look like a pink bomb just exploded.

Jooyeon then brings us through a rather large park, bringing me to what seems like a hidden spot since there were some vines hanging from a tree.
"Go on.", Jooyeon smiles as he points to the vines. I furrow my eyebrows a bit as I push a chunk of the vines to the side and walk into the area.

My eyes then widened. There was a picnic blanket set down with a basket that was filled to the brim with small packets of snacks. Beside the basket was also a bouquet of roses. My name was on a card ontop of the basket too.

As for the scenery, it wasn't a dark place. The grass was bright green, there was flowers everywhere, a small pond with lily pads and lotus flowers and there was even a large tree with a swing on it.

I turn over to Jooyeon and smile widely, but did later turn into a frown as I had begun tearing up. Jooyeon laughs at me as he opens up his arms, allowing me to hug him tightly.
"Why are you crying? Do you not like it?", Jooyeon asks as he laughs as he strokes through my hair with his hands.

"I love it so much.", I cry out on his shoulder, then breaking the hug and placing a peck on his cheek.

"I love you, Joo."

"I love you too, Yeo."