23

"She thinks our friendship is weird.." I mumble out as I take a small lick of the vanilla ice cream cone Jooyeon had bought me after we had gotten pizza together.

We're now sitting down on the grass in the park we had met up at and is looking up at the stars while he was listening to every word I was saying.

It felt really good to let everything out and to also know that there was someone else there for me to listen to what was going on in my life.

"I just don't get why she'd start talking behind my back though.." I sigh as I frown, looking at Jooyeon with teary eyes. "Is our friendship weird?"

"No, it's not." He says as he then moves a bit closer to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders, comforting me. "There's nothing wrong with our friendship, in fact, there's never anything wrong with any friendships."

"Wrong timing.." I scoff as I push him away, smiling slightly. Jooyeon then points at my smile.

"I made you smile though!" He laughs out lightly as he finishes his popsicle. "I should bring you home soon or Hyeongjun will get mad at me.." He then stands up and dusts himself off.

I shake my head with wide eyes as I grab his wrist and pulling him back down. He gives me a confused look.
"I don't want to go just yet. I want to stay out a bit more longer with you."

"Yeosin, it's almost midnight. I don't want Hyeongjun to be shouting at me in the morning for taking you out really late."

I groan as I then let go of his wrist and stand up with a frown. "Fine, take me home."

"That's what I planned on doing in the first place." He smiles as he grabs our trash and throws it in a bin before walking beside me out of the park.

On our way to my place, we talked. There wasn't a fixed topic.. we changed the topic a bunch of times as we couldn't really keep to one. For example, it went from how Hyeongjun is as a brother, so a freaky friday body swap, to what we eat in a day.

The park wasn't far away from my house, so we made it in no time at all. Once we went up the driveway, we saw Hyeongjun out on the porch, sitting on the porch swing. He was resting his head on his fisted hand with his eyes closed and a small frown.

"Did he.. wait here for you?" Jooyeon asks as we both stare at the sleeping boy in a bit of confusion. I shrug as we slowly made our way closer to Hyeongjun.

I lightly tap his shoulder and he jolts his eyes open. He looks up to me and jump up from the swing and hugs me tightly.

"Thank god you're safe. You weren't home when I got here and you weren't too king your phone up." Hyeongjun says as he pulls away from the hug and holds me by my shoulders. "I got so worried!"

"I'm fine." I mumble as I oook over to Jooyeon who awkwardly waves at Jooyeon with a smile. "Jooyeon took me out."

"On a date?" Hyeongjun furrows his eyebrows as he lets go of my shoulders and lets his arms lightly swing. I look to Jooyeon with a shrug, him giving me one back.

"Just an outing, nothing special." Jooyeon smiles. He sighs deeply as he then pats my back. "Well, I got you home safely so now I'll be heading home."

"Text me when you get home, ok?" I say as I quickly hug Jooyeon before he walks off, waving to Hyeongjun and I as he dispersed into the dark streets.

"Start dating him and see what happens." Hyeongjun frowns as he goes to the front door and pushes it open, walking in and leaving me out in the dark alone.

"Thanks, Hyeongjun." I mumble as I shake my head, I then head inside as well and close the front door, locking it and turning off all the lights before heading into my room.