TLOU AU 3/?

"I can't believe Alexis forced us to take this hunk of shit." Fallon huffed, her hand on the steering wheel as the car clunked down the road.

"She did say she wanted it disposed of, so that means we could probably just destroy it and use it as a tactical advantage." Poe said behind her, staring out the window at the passing foliage.

Sunna watched the two exchange words before looking down at her pack, triple checking all of her items and turning to stare at Niña.

Niña was a total mystery to Sunna. In fact, Sunna wasn't entirely sure if they had spoken before. Janis had told her that she and Niña would occasionally converse, but it wasn't in depth, more looks and nods.

"Do you guys think Hawthorne and Ezra are okay?" Sunna asked, looking between the groups to analyze their reactions.

Niña's face remained stone cold, Fallon and Poe exchanging a look before answering Sunna.

"I don't know. I don't think the Scars have ever cornered one of our own before, especially Hawthorne and Ezra." Fallon said truthfully, Poe picking up her sentence.

"I think the Scars are planning something. Hawthorne has always been too crafty for his own good, I hope it hasn't caught up to him." Poe said, turning to look at Niña.

The two stared blankly at each other before Poe looked away, clearly nervous from the wordless exchange.

"I bet they're doing just fine. I know Ezra would never let anything happen to the two of them." Sunna said confidently, seeing the city come into view.

Fallon slowly pulled off to the side of the road, shutting off the car and parking. She swiveled around and pulled out a map, the four all staring down at it.

"This main road goes directly through the city. We could take this route, but it would be banking on the idea that the Scars don't have snipers, which is highly unlikely. I think if we started here..." Fallon said, pointing at a route ramp, "And spiral down and enter here."

Fallon continued, pointing at the junction, "You should be able to enter undetected. After that, you're on your own. Alexis said they're hiding out in the old paper factory, but knowing Hawthorne and Ezra it's possible they've moved."

"Actually, I would be surprised if they did. If Scars have them cornered, moving isn't an option. Plus, I'm sure there are a lot of hiding places in that old factory." Poe said insightfully, the three nodding in her direction.

"What Poe said, keep your wits about you. Alexis told me to stay with the car, since having an expert who knows the roads out here is valuable if we want to get back." Fallon said, Niña making a face but saying nothing.

"Can I have that?" Sunna asked, referring to Fallon's map.

"Sure, but if you lose it Alexis will kill you again." Fallon said with a chuckle, handing it to Sunna who stared at their path. Fallon was right, there's no better way to head in. This folly was going to transpire whether they all liked it or not, it would all come down to who was more crafty.

"We better get going while we still have the shadows." Poe said, seeing the sun beginning to rise in the east.

The three opened their car doors, Sunna slipping her backpack onto her shoulders as they stepped out, making their way across the main route connecting the city to the road.

Sunna stared down at the map, squinting in the just now coming morning light. She was so focused that she almost bumped into Niña.

"Sorry!" Sunna whispered bashfully, Niña wordlessly nodding, moving up to the ramp just as Fallon had told them.