Harvest moon

"I don't want you going to some mortal shindig. We are royalty, I am a god walking among mankind. We're better than this Sunna."

"Odysseus please, this is a once in a millennia opportunity!! When will I ever be back here again? I'll blink and this tradition will be long gone."

"Sunna what did I just say? I forbid it, it would tarnish my- our names. I don't want you going, and that's final."

Sunna appeared to be on the verge of tears at this, looking at her feet as she mumbled a quiet "please."

Odysseus glared at the sun goddess as she focused very hard on her brightly colored socks. Janis on the other hand, was mentally preparing to tear her husband apart. He seemed to not recall who gave him his powers in the first place and Janis was more than happy to remind him. Only upon seeing Janis's wrathful expression did Odysseus relent, panic briefly passing between his eyes.

"Fine, you can go. But take that doll thing with you. It gives me the creeps." Odysseus finished with a huff, breaking eye contact and going back to his previous task.

"Well aren't you coming with? It would be nice to have an outing with my husband again, like we used to do..." Sunna said, her voice faltering and trailing off as she went on.

Odysseus dismissed the idea outright, not even verbally responding as he waved her off, his eyes not even leaving the paper as Janis wondered how long a self proclaimed god would survive without his hands.

Sensing Janis's vengeful mood and seeing that Odysseus wasn't budging from his seat anytime soon, Sunna took Janis's cold hand with a slightly forced grin.

"Come on, let's just go. Are you ready?" She smiled a toothy grin and Janis nodded stoically.

"I'm ready whenever you are."

The two arrived at the festival at about an hour til sundown, Sunna dancing between her feet as they took in the scene. The village has multiple mini pop up shops outside their homes, holding various items from clothing to editable goods. Everyone was running about doing their own thing, speaking and shopping with giant smiles on their faces. Interestingly enough, the thing that sparked Janis's interest the most was at the center of the town square. An artist had what appeared to be a mixture between chalk and paint, making broad strokes against the center brick walkway. From this distance, Janis couldn't tell what the piece was, but she was positive the center focus was the moon, which made sense since there was going to be a full moon tonight. A few heartbeats of silence went by before Janis decided to speak.

"I'm going to go get a better look at the artwork in the square if that's alright with you?" Janis asked as Sunna's grin got wider, if that was even possible.

"I knew this festival would be a good idea. It's absolutely okay with me, I think I'll even tag along." Sunna said, the two making their way into the center of the town.

Janis was right, it was a full moon partially shrouded by dark clouds, stars skillfully placed about. The artist herself was what appeared to be middle aged, which in Janis's eyes made her a good source to know more about the festivities.

"Good evening madam, I happened to be passing through the town and didn't realize there was a festival occurring, could I please know more about your traditions?" Janis said formerly and politely, the artist pausing what she was doing to look up at the pair with a smile that matched Sunna's.

"I would love to tell you more!! Since this towns creation we have relied heavily on our own agriculture to survive, and due to the light from the harvest moon we always accomplished more than usual at night during the harvest moon." The artist said.