Chapter 3

TW: self harm scars

It's been a hour since the incident with Dazai and Poe was left deep in thought. He was lost in his thoughts until he heard scratching at the library door it was Karl. Poe quickly got up and ran to the door to let Karl in.  "Oh Karl I'm so sorry." He said looking at Karl sadly. Karl looked at him for a few seconds before climbing up Poe's leg to his shoulder. "Are you hungry Karl?". Karl look at him and nodded. Poe walked to the kitchen and decided to make one of Karl's favorite food apple cinnamon oatmeal. He finished making it and set a bowl in front of Karl who was currently sitting on the table. Poe sat down and looked at Karl with a small smile as Karl was eating. Karl was done eating and his paws were messy. Poe got up and got a wet washcloth. "I hope you enjoyed it" he said while he was cleaning Karl's paws off. Karl started chittering almost as if he was responding to Poe. Poe smiled. He cleaned the bowl and headed upstairs. After he changed and got settled into bed with Karl laying by his head. He decided to check his phone before he went to sleep and saw a message Lucy.

                                                Braces

11:24 PM: Hey raccoon boy                                                                                                                            

                                                                     11:42 PM: What

11:42 PM: OMG FINALLY                           

11:43 PM: Anyway can me and Louisa
take Karl for the day

                                                                    11:43 PM: I don't know

11:44 PM: PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.                 

                                                                    11:45 PM: Fine I guess                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

11:45 PM: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY                                                          
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

                                                                11:47 PM: Mhm but
                                                                    you're picking him up                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

11:47 PM: Fine

Poe sighed. "Karl your going to spend the day with Lucy and Louisa tomorrow." He said while looking at Karl who was chittering happily.

~Next Day~

Poe woke up. He didn't bother to get dressed. After a minute he finally picked up Karl and went downstairs. A hour passed and he heard a knock on the door. Quickly getting up from his seat and going to the door with Karl close behind him. He opened the door and was greeted with a bright smile from a short red head. "Hey raccoon boy. where is Karl?" Lucy said looking up at Poe. "Good morning to you to. And he's right here" he said as he picked Karl up and handed him to Lucy. " Thank you. Also can we keep him over night?" She asked while giving Poe puppy dog eyes. "Fine. Be good Karl." He said. After Lucy left he closed the door and sighed. He went upstairs to the library. Sitting down at his desk he opened the bottom drawer and stuck one of his quills into a little hole at the bottom of the drawer. The fake bottom opened up and revealed a small stack of letters in envelopes sealed with wax seals of different colors like blue, black, and pink. Poe pulled the letters out and sat them on the desk. He undid the twine that was holding them together. Looking through them he found a empty envelope and decided to write another letter. 30 minutes later he finished it and put it in the envelope and sealed it with a navy blue wax. Putting the new letter he wrote on top of the stack he tied the twine back around them and put them back into the drawer then closing it. He went to his room and started to get changed. He put on sweat pants before taking off his shirt. He turned around looking at himself in the mirror. He felt disgusted looking at the scars that littered his torso and arms. He looked for a sweater and put it on.He sighed and went to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth after he was done he went to brush his hair. He looked through the drawers in the bathroom for a barrette. After finding one he moved his hair out of his face so he can see more clearly. He went downstairs and sat in the living room listening to instrumental music on a record player and relaxing. Suddenly there was loud knocking at his door he immediately knew who it was Ranpo. He got up and walked to the door opening it. As soon as he opened the door ranpo started rambling but suddenly stopped. Poe had his hair out of his face so that you could see his eyes. "Whoa" Ranpo said quietly looking at Poe's violet eyes. "R-ranpo.". Ranpo snapped out of his thoughts "Sorry Ed did you say something?". "I'm going to make some food you can go explore.". Poe walked to the kitchen and Ranpo started to explore. Ranpo went upstairs and went into the library. He spotted Poe's desk and decided to look through it. He got to the bottom drawer of the desk and knew there was a fake bottom. With being the greatest detective he knew how to open it. It opened he saw the stack of letters and got curious he was about to reach for the letters he heard Poe yell that food was ready. Ranpo grabbed the letters and put them in a hidden pocket he had putting things back where they were before quickly going to the staircase and ran down them.